“Needing bigger trousers!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
240 E 58th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)
212-688-4190
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Needing bigger trousers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Club A was chosen to celebrate our friends 30th birthday, and what a choice! The service, food and atmosphere were all absolutely superb. Our friend got a delicious selection of cakes decorated for her birthday and the occasion was marked by a very thoughtful group photo which both couples were presented with. The owner Bruno was very charming and made a point of visiting every table. Be mindful if ordering side dishes, they are rather large, hence the bigger trousers! Overall, probably the best dining experience I have ever had.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Marion K,

First off, happy 30th birthday to your friend once again, with many healthy and happy more!

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

• Polish first
Monterrey
“An excellent option in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Based on what I read on TripAdvisor I made a reservation for my wife and me. We simply loved the place, an excellent price to value relationship. We had a lobster cocktail and then we shared a 24 oz rib eye steak which was absolutely awesome. Believe me, I come from NUEVO LEON which is in north Mexico, just south of Texas, and we guys take pride of our grilling abilities. The steak at Club A was just right, just good and just awesome.
I wouldn't add to subtract anything, just great.
I hope you get the same experience!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hummer63,

New Jersey
“First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

With an inviting space and staff, you are instantly reminded that this will NOT be the classic testosterone steakhouse which are so prevalent in NYC. Instead, you are welcomed like an old friend and taken to the lower or upstairs dining space. The digs are spacious and classy.
The staff knows its stuff.
Our group had a Filet with Lobster, a triple thick Pork Chop and a double thick Veal Chop. All of the cuts are the very best you can buy. Cut to perfection, cooked the same and as flavorful as you will find anywhere. No need to season here...

The wine list is both solid and surprisingly affordable. The first bottle I chose was not to my liking and without even a question was immediately changed out for another choice.

The owner/MGR was a gracious fellow that you wanted to have a conversation with. He introduced his grandson to us and was always making certain we were pleased.

The deserts were excellent as were the desert wines.

If you are looking for a classy alternative to chops the size of Manhattan, gruff waiters and the smell of old cigars and BACON (not that there's anything wrong with that) try Club A Steak...

You will not be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
FOODBEAST66,

London, United Kingdom
“The Best of the Best No1 is no lie!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I was going to write this review as Club A Steakhouse (no1 from trip advisor) V's Patsy's (no17). This was never a fair contest, please read my Patsy's review. Before I go any further, as you can see I am a UK resident and nothing to do with either establishment. As with Patsy's the criteria are 1) service , 2) Restaurent and it's ambience , 3) food.
Before I proceed I must say after 3 visits to Patsy's it left me wondering how it was No17 in the whole of New York . This has cast the die for a disaster a Club A. No1 wow that's going to take some doing, or it's going to be a record flop.
1) The service was VERY polite, but unobtrusive, just the way I like it. We only ordered two courses but were given an intermediate course which was a contrast to our main so that we got a taste of something different on the house, also when we finished our main, we asked for the cheque but instead were again given two plates full if deserts for us to try, one plate contained dark chocolate cake, profiteroles and tiramisu. The other plate had water melon . Both plates in big but very tasty portions and again as with the intermediate course , completely on the house. I feel that 5/5 is understating how I felt about the service that my girlfriend and I received in this place. . 2) this Restaurent is based on two floors , we we're sat upstairs by middle of the full height front window. The Restaurent is beautifully decorated, I felt I had robbed my partner of the better seat looking out over street , however she felt she'd robbed me as the Restaurent is so nicely decorated 5/5 here too , 3) is this Restaurent all looks and no go?, far from it , the food is both in very large portions but also extremely tasteful. I have eaten at many good restaurants in London and also many places around the world, this beats the lot, it has both quality food in big quantities , the crab cake starter was big enough for a main but was absolutely delicious (we both had this). My beef steak on the bone was gorgeous , my girlfriend had lobster ravioli, Which she said was to die for .the My intermediate course was a giant ravioli stuffed with mushrooms, covered in a creamy sauce, my girlfriends a mozzarella salad, both extremely nice. The deserts which were again on the house were very nice especially the dark chocolate cake , none of this out the packet rubbish. Better that 5/5 here too.
To summarise Patsy's left me wondering how no 17 in New York . Club A Steakhouse was not the number I e Restaurent I'd eaten at in New York but possibly anywhere I'd eaten globally. If you have the money to eat at some of NY's top restaurants , please put Club A on your itinerary . If you only have enough money for one good meal then for your sake bot mine make it Club A. The only negative if the name which makes you believe it's just a steak house when it is in fact so much more. Club A your the BEST!!!!!

Jimbosyourman,

West Midlands
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Visited on 7th June to celebrate
my 40th birthday. We were well looked after, the food was sublime including the complimentary porcini ravioli and pudding selection. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion as they do their utmost to give you a memorable time. Go if you love meat!

sucoo,

First off, happy birthday once again, with many healthy and happy more!