“Great night out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
240 E 58th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)
212-688-4190
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Great night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Very nice meal, excellent service. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the complimentary appetisers and desert were a lovely touch. The music was great (classic old stuff) and at the perfect volume so you could still talk to your table, but not hear the next tables conversation.
My only small criticism was the sauces were a bit bland. The pepper sauce wasn't peppery at all and the mushroom sauce was also bland. Most steak restaurants back home (Australia) also offer a rang of mustards and I really missed having a good spicy English mustard on hand. Not sure if that is the done thing here in NYC though, so I can't judge them on this.
Great wine list with reasonably priced bottles all the way up to high end stuff. Overall, very nice place and worth the good reviews

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tim B,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

• Polish first
Fort Myers, Florida
“More like Club C+”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Went to Club A after reading the glowing reports from other people on Trip Advisor.

While the room was intimate and the service excellent, the food was mediocre at best.

A porterhouse that is ordered medium should come out exactly that way. Our steak was barely cooked in certain parts and was slathered in butter. I had my cardiologist's number with me as I ate. The hash browns had a bitter green pepper taste to them so I implore people to avoid them as well.

To be fair, the service was excellent and the dessert on the house that everyone receives is a nice touch. Kudos for that.

But as for a steakhouse--Club A was way more like a C+

winger23,

It greatly bothers me that you didn't enjoy the "Club A Experience" that I so arduously strive to have my guest's to receive for over the last 4 decades.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better. I will bring up the issues in your review in my next weekly staff meeting.

I do hope that you give us a chance to redeem ourselves and ask for me personally, when you do decide to do so.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“fantastic service, best I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend visited the restaurant from Scotland. It was my girlfriends birthday surprise. They treated us with the best service I've ever had. our waiter JT never let our glass get empty and was pleasant to talk to and happy to recommend different cuts of meat and sides and sauces.
I guarantee anyone who books this restaurant will not be disappointed. We will both be back for sure.
Thanks for the great night, you made our trip very special.

Mikey8513,

First off, happy birthday to your girlfriend with many healthy and happy more!

Stavanger, Norway
“A really great place to dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had a fantastic evening. From the moment we arrived Bruno and his staff made us feel really welcome, and made we feel it was warm and personal. Frank, who served us, was excellent, helping us to work out which would be the best steak for us, not being familair With Americal cuts, and it was cooked to perfection and delicious. He also helped us with the wine selection to our taste and price. They were attentive, but not intrusive. After they found out one of our group had a birthday Bruno arrived after the main course with a lovely desert mix complete with a candle, and before we left he gave her a signed photo that he'd taken of us earlier. And then by the end we were really enjoying ourselves in the company of the staff. Really special, and this restaurant thoroughy deserves to be up at the top of the ratings on this site. Would recommend it to anyone, and will definately og again if/when back in NYC.

David M,

Laytown Co Meath
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The food here is excellent I opted for the crab to start followed by the seabass, my husband really enjoyed his pork chops saying they were amongst the best he has ever had, we enjoyed a lovely bottle of Sancerre with our meal and we were amazed at our wonderful complimentary selection of deserts which tasted delicious, the service is excellent and swift, with the waiters demonstrating an excellent attention to detail. We visited on the 15th of March and we had a wonderful evening. If you are a gent reading this review take my advice and wear a shirt as my husband wore a polo shirt and he felt very uncomfortable. The only downside is that we were sitting very close to the tables each side of us, so much so we could hear both sets of conversations very clearly but this is understandable on a Saturday night.

Catriona_1980,