“Amazing dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
240 E 58th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)
212-688-4190
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
Boston
“Amazing dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Food was phenomenal. Service was impeccable. Highly recommended! After dinner complimentary dessert was icing on the cake. Can't say enough good things about this place. We will be back!!

Visited November 2013
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Cheryl F,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

• Polish first
Enfield, Connecticut
“One of the best dining experiences ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and I chose Club A Steakhouse to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. When I reserved the table online, I had mentioned it was our anniversary. The owner, Bruno and his staff went above and beyond to ensure our dining experience was special and memorable. To start, the menu they gave us said 'Happy Anniversary' at the top which I thought that was a very special touch. Next they gave us a delicious mushroom ravioli on the house to start (my husband almost licked the plate - it was that good). Then came the steaks and sides! One of the best tasting steaks we have ever had!! Just as we thought our dining experience was nearing an end - the most beautiful dessert platter arrived! The plate included 3 of the most delicious deserts and written in chocolate was 'Happy Anniversary'. They also brought over a fruit platter. Lastly, Bruno came over to personally thank us for coming in and wished us a happy anniversary. I can say this was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had and would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to anyone. We will definitely be going back. Well done Club A.

TracyMartin1010,

Congratulations once again on your 10 year anniversary, many healthy and happy more.

Vienna, Austria
“No response to email”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I sent an email to reserve a table 8 days in advance. No response. I called the restaurant. No response. I sent a second email three days after, asking them to either confirm or reject my reservation. No response. I do realise the no. 2 restaurant from tripadvisor does not need any extra foreigners being sent to them through tripadvisor, however what I do expect is that they reply to their reservation requests. For me the minimum score, hoping to put them back with their feet on the ground...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Axel D,

First off I would like to apologize for the non response to the emails.

In my 40 years of business, I take customer service very seriously.

I will make sure to follow up with you if you do decide to email me personally bruno@clubasteakhouse.com.

I look forward to seeing you sooner than later, and please do ask for me personally when you do decide to come in.

Leamington Spa
“Fantastic steak, wonderful owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Recently went on our first trip to NYC and was looking for a nice place to go on our last night, based on trip advisor rating and reviews we booked Club A and were absolutely not disappointed!

We were seated on the first floor and opened with a glass of Veuve Clicquot (our champagne of choice) - a reasonably priced $22 each (considering the cost to import it to the US).

I had the snails to start and asked the waiter how "pernody" they were - I'm not a huge fan of aniseed. He said it is very understated and he was right - a beautiful garlicky butter was the main flavour. My girlfriend opted for the lobster cocktail which is in effect half a lobster served in the shell with salad etc. Always enjoy cracking into a whole claw!

I then opted for the 16oz filet mignon (cooked blue), my girlfriend the 18oz New York Strip (med/rare) with sides of fries, asparagus and mushrooms.

My 16 oz steak was incredible - cooked (or should I saw not cooked) perfectly. It was very slightly over seasoned but only on the seared edges where the nature of a blue steak gives it little time to spread to the rest of the meat! The strip was also cooked perfectly and tasted divine.

Sides were delicious although we barely touched them as we were focussed on eating of the steak as we could!

I had a beer (Duvel) and Jen moved onto the red wine - one of her favourites is Malbec and it is served by the glass here. She had a second glass as well which accidentally got mixed up with a pinot noir order from another table - we were not overly concerned and didn't comment, although the other diner with the Malbec instead of a pinot was very vocal and rude about it!

Frankly we were both too full to really consider a dessert but the very warm and friendly owner, Bruno, provided us with a trio of desserts as well as a large fruit selection - he also wanted to make sure we enjoyed our last night and offered us more drinks so I had a Baileys and Jen an Amaretto.

The waiting staff were attentive and knowledgeable without being overbearing or cold, Bruno is a lovely gentlemen who again was not overbearing but clearly enjoys interacting with his customers and ensuring they are completely happy - he clearly lives to serve.

We asked for the bill and were surprised that not only was the dessert and spirits not billed, but also the wine and beer. This was neither asked for not expected but is of course a lovely touch and one which encourages positive comments! I should stress that we were absolutely happy to pay full price for our meal - it would have been worth every penny - Club A/Bruno clearly feels that he is in a position to treat his customers to VIP treatment at the expense of a couple of extra dollars and it is a lovely and touch.

On leaving we were given our coats and thanked again for our visit and given best wishes for the rest of our holiday and our flight to Antigua the next day...just as I was leaving Bruno grabbed me and handed me a long stem red rose (pulling the thorns off with his fingers) for me to give to Jen...another lovely touch.

In summary - is this the best meal I've ever eaten anywhere, no, but then I have been fortunate to eat at the Fat Duck, is it one of my happiest and memorable dining experience and a fitting end to our first trip to New York, absolutely.

If we are lucky enough to return to New York in the future, we will absolutely return to Club A Steakhouse, I cannot compliment it highly enough.

Est_3485,

tilehurst
“Hard to beat...........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had stayed on East 58th Street before and never noticed Club A.
We found it on Trip Advisor before arriving this time and decided to try it
thinking it cant be as good as the reviews......but it was.

It was my wifes birthday while we were there so we called in to book a table
a couple of days before.

Bruno, the owner took the booking and asked if it was for a special occaision.
When we arrived he greeted us with a Happy Birthday and the meal was delicious.
They even gave us a Birthday plate of desserts on the house.

We recommend it to anyone and will go back next time we are in New york.

serigrapher,

Happy birthday to your wife once again, with many healthy and happy more!