“Simply the best steakhouse” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
240 E 58th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Midtown)
+1 212-688-4190
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
London
“Simply the best steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had dinner at Club A Steakhouse for the first time (and not the last time!). The filet mignon is simply to die for - huge and perfectly cooked. I wasn't sure which sauce to get and they simply brought a selection free of charge. The sides are also excellent. The owner is very nice and keen to please. I had no room for dessert (after the great steak!) but I was treated to a free selection of desserts when I ordered the check. The service is excellent and the waiters are nice and friendly. The prices were reasonable for the quality. This is now my first steakhouse choice in NY and I will make sure to return when I am back in town. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
new_world_travellers,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious (if a little too big) steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Dined here with my husband recently on a Saturday evening whilst visiting New York, chosen due to rating on trip advisor.
Incredibly tasty steak - my only comment would be that a 16oz fillet is just slightly too big to cook evenly, ideally they would have a smaller one on the menu!
Sides - whipped potato and hashed brown - beautiful.
Good choice of wines.
Service and ambience is what sets this place aside from others - super friendly staff, especially the owner who is seen wandering around, ensuring everyone is happy. Will definitely be back next time I'm visiting.

Charlottelucyhobbs,

St Helens, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We couldn't have asked for better service. All the staff were excellent! The owner made it a great night also.

Dixon5069,

Pickering, United Kingdom
“Impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Lovely dining experience in a beautifully decorated restaurant. From the moment we walked in we were treated like royalty, the service was impeccable, the food excellent and the hospitality very welcoming. Definitely the place to go for a treat as it is on the expensive side, but well worth it.

Crazylegs2013,

“Ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We booked this steakhouse after some considerable research before our trip to nyc from the uk (it was my husbands furst trip to the states), it was supposed to be the highpoint of our trip, but it wasn't quite that good. Once we had eventually been greeted and seated, the first 2 bottles of wine we ordered were out (they were from the least expensive end of the pricey wine list, coincidence?), and when we finally got a drink, 50 minutes after we had arrived, I had to ask if it was complimentary rather than this being offered, which they agreed to. Simply keeping the wine lust up to date could have prevented this. Our food order was slow to be taken, but it was good when it came, especially the creamed spinach which had truffle oil on. We were given a complimentary trio of desserts (they made you feel it was due to your birthday, but clearly everyone got the same treatment) and complimentary after dinner drinks. Lovely decor. Overall a good dining experience, but could have been better, surprised this is the #2 restaurant in the whole of nyc.

Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Nicky W,

I am sorry to hear that we didn't live up to your expectations.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better. Your experience is not what has let me to be in business for over 4 decades. I will bring up all your issues with my staff in my next weekly staff meeting as this is unacceptable.