“Great food, brilliant service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
240 E 58th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)
212-688-4190
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
York, United Kingdom
“Great food, brilliant service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Easy to find from our hotel, great service, very friendly, good selection of wine and other drinks, but expect to pay more than you would in england for the booze, excellant choice on the menu, i had a steak which was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth, garlic/herb fries were tasty. lovely decor and plenty of room, bill was approx $250 for 2 people but almost half of that was for our drinks, bottle of french wine and a few imported single malts, no complaints as you would expect these to be expensive, but well worth it.

Visited September 2013
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Deanstick67,

I am glad everything was enjoyable.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant and taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future when you are in NYC.

• Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great steak, romantic and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We visited here in July 2013.

This was a fantastic meal. The restaurant is atmospheric and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and had the right balance between intrusive and friendly.

Meat was wonderful, some of the best I have had

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
jamesy45,

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future, when you are in NYC again.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

For people like my husband and I that are very selective when it comes to steak and service, we were extremely impressed with this restaurant. The staff and owner were attentive, and professional from the most basic question to the celebratory birthday dessert. My husband travels a great deal for work and knows his steak; he says that when the steam is released after slicing the thickest portion of the meat, it tells you they know how to cook a steak to perfection. The best and most telling compliment is when travelers from out of town can't wait to return to a particular restaurant...we will definitely be back to Club A.

Foodlover123492,

First off, happy birthday to your husband once again. Many healthy and happy more. I am glad everything was enjoyable.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future when you are in NYC again.

London, England, United Kingdom
“A perfect evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We booked due to tripadvisor reviews, and I have to say it was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had, up there with La Coupole in Paris.

It was our anniversary so we let them know this when we booked, and when we arrived we were led to a beautiful booth on the 2nd floor. We were wished a happy anniversary and free fizz arrived.

We began with Long Island oysters and escargot - the escargot in particular were lovely. Followed this with a complimentary mushroom ravioli, the only con of which was that we were filling up! Then the steak - wow. A massive 16oz filet mignon, cooked to perfection (or rather, barely cooked to perfection - I asked for blue). The peppercorn sauce could have been less salty and more peppery, I think next time I would choose a different sauce. But the side of mushrooms was so good. My partner is not too keen on beef (the steakhouse was my choice!) but he really enjoyed his Kobe beef burger. All this was topped off by a complimentary trio of dessert: carrot cake, tiramisu and profiteroles. We were a bit stuffed at this point so had to get them packed up to take away.

I can completely see why this place is number two in NYC. It is fairly priced, welcoming and has a real aura about it. The owner himself was around, topping up water and wine. We have eaten all over Europe and this was one of the best overall experiences either of us has had. The service was wonderful. Will return next time we make it to New York - even without complimentary extras, it's worth every cent.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Kiran H,

First off, happy anniversary once again, many healthy & happy more!!

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I am glad everything was enjoyable.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great steaks and ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

On this trip we wanted to "experience" some very nice steak restaurants so we saved some money and booked some restaurants.. We were both very, very pleased to have booked this restaurant. The whole visit was very impressive. The restaurant has a very nice feel to it . The welcome , from the owner, was great. The service was very good. The food even better. The wine list is good. After visiting one of the restaurant competitors I can say the TA rating is justified. The owner did ask how the meal was. I was happy to pass on our opinion that everything was excellent and better than some of his competitors. I am sure that you too will enjoy this restaurant if you choose to eat here.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Charleso3,

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.