“Great food, fantastic service, highly recommended....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
240 E 58th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)
212-688-4190
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 11,599 restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
Perth, Australia
“Great food, fantastic service, highly recommended....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

From the moment we walked in we knew we were in for a great experience. The Food was fantastic, we started with some espresso martinis and then moved onto entree of tomato and buffalo mozzarella as well as shrimp cocktail. Superb! I ordered NY strip loin which was perfectly medium rare, my wife ordered salmon which was amazing. All washed down by a gorgeous Californian cab sav recommended by the waiter. Complimentary dessert a bonus. All in all a great dining experience. Very highly recommended and a big thank you to all at Club A.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Eduardo F,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

92% Recommend
  • Polish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A lovely dining experience with the personal touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I dined here on our honeymoon after having seen the high ranking on trip adviser and we weren't disappointed. The restaurant was busy which is always a good sign. We both opted for steak which was perfectly cooked. My mash potato was creamy and gorgeous and my husband had garlic fries and the german potato hash. He absolutely loved both, but in particular the hash (I would love to know how it is made to recreate it!)

The service was attentive and we were given a complimentary mushroom ravioli and a complimentary dessert plate without asking - these were also absolutely stunning. At the end of the night the owner came to us and offered us a drink at the bar as it was our honeymoon - this was a lovely touch especially as he made time to sit with us and talk with us about his family. I would really recommend this restaurant, in my opinion, good food is only part of a good restaurant and in order to be good, the service must also be good. Club A ticks both boxes.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I appreciate your dining with your husband at my restaurant after your honeymoon.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)
“Best Restaurant Experience I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I visited for our wedding anniversary while on Holiday in New York. The level of service and care for the customers was impeccable, and the food was incredibly exceptional!! I had an 18oz (510g) aged sirloin steak, which was the best steak I've ever had! (and I'm a big steak eater). My wife had Seared Tuna which she absolutely loved. The ambience was intimate and the owner actually came out and personally checked in on us which was a lovely touch.

If you only eat out once when your in New York, make sure it's Club A Steakhouse, it was the best dining experience I've ever had and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Visited August 2013
Jay H,

Happy anniversary once again to you and your lovely wife.

I am glad everything was enjoyable.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant and taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal. Reviews such as your review, make what I do that more enjoyable.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“great food amazing wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am from Vegas so when it comes to food I set the bar a bit high. Club A get an A from me. The steaks are good as you would expect them to be at a nice steak house. The amazing part comes from the customer service and great wine. I would go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Darby N,

It is always nice to hear that my clients are happy with my restaurant.

I am glad everything was enjoyable.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal. I work very hard so that my staff and I can merit such reviews as your review.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Happy, happy, happy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Bruno and his staff know how to please! My food was incredible and the servers were extremely attentive. The atmosphere is cozy and quaint! Make sure you ask to sit upstairs near the window - the view is nice with the green trees and white lights!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
HBenks,

I am glad everything was enjoyable.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal. Reviews such as your review make what I do, day in and day out, all that more rewarding.