“Customer Service A+++” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
240 E 58th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Midtown)
+1 212-688-4190
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
Sydney
“Customer Service A+++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband & i visited Club A Steakhouse for our wedding anniversary - from start to finish our experience was faultless.
The food, ambience and service were outstanding. The owner (Bruno) introduced himself to us & the quality & warmth of the restaurant are a true credit to him. Do not miss this experience!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
sezbez,

Thanks for celebrating your anniversary at my restaurant. Many healthy and happy more years together.

I am glad everything was enjoyable.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant and taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor..

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal. I appreciate the kind words about my restaurant.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
“made our anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The owner went way beyond any expectations we had to ensure our dinner and evening was amazing. They desrve to be #1 easily. We are foodies and the menu was diverse and the food spectacular. They seated usat the best table, comped us an appy and a drink as well as a desert sampler with a candle and Happy anniversary on it. The owner is a caring giving gentleman and kept checking in on us to make sure we were happy.....way beyond my friends!!! Cant go wrong here. The atmosphere and staff are all welcoming and food is perfect. We met some regulars who love it as well'''

Thanks again!

Mitch and Laila

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Mitchkc68,

I am glad I could make your special day, all the more special.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future when you are in NYC.

UK
“Expensive and poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked this restaurant after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. The service was terrible. They took forty minutes to take our order and then we had to wait an hour until our food arrived. The waiters managed to spill a glass of wine on the table and then the one who was filling our water glasses managed to top up my husbands gin and tonic with water not once but twice, hopeless. The wine is very expensive for what was on offer at about 48 dollars a bottle. I asked for my steak medium to well cooked and it was inedible and cremated. Very disappointed, will not return.

Visited August 2013
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Australia1959,

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better. It perturbs me that you didn't have the enjoyable experience that my staff and I aim for.

I do hope that I can convince you to give us a chance to rectify your first visit.

Please do ask for me personally when you do.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)
“Best steak ever and oustanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Club A Steak Restaurant was really a good choice. They served the best steaks we ever had. The service was outstanding, the patron came over to our table for three times asking if everything was ok and it was a great pleasure to talk to him. Every special wish from our side was welcome and in the end we even got a complimentary desert. This was a wonderful experince that we can really recommend.

Visited August 2013
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Henning T,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)
“Fantastic food, but bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The food was absolutely sublime, but the service was unattentive and slow. Not one smile throughout the evening, we were never presented with a wine card and the waiters messed up several of our orders. All this really is a pity, since it is possibly the best steak tartare (appetiser) and filet minion (main) I've ever tasted, but this is clouded by poor service

Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Lolunding,

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal. I am glad you enjoyed the food. I will definitely bring up the lack of service in our next weekly staff meeting.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.