“Friendly staff, quiet hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Carvi Hotel New York

You added Carvi Hotel New York to your Saves list
Carvi Hotel New York
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 East 55th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #152 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Rochester, New York
“Friendly staff, quiet hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stayed here because of the location, and was pleasantly surprised how quiet the hotel was. the room has basic, but clean stuff. not luxurious, not fancy, but a decent stay in a central location. the best part was the friendly staff. no breakfast is offered at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Newmelodia,

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that we met your expectations! We are revamping our rooms this summer so check back in the fall so we can exceed your new expectations!

Victor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

it was my first trip to new York, I was on my own & it was my 50th birthday to celebrate aswell. im glad I stayed at the CARVI HOTEL, staff & service from the moment I checked is was brilliant, the room was clean & tidy with maid cleaning every day, the staff helped with any issues reguarding sightseeing & arranged my helicopter flight for me on my birthday (that is a must do) I like it quiet when im sleeping & had no trouble sleeping with little traffic outside my window. it took about 15minutes to walk to time square & there were sub-ways everywere if needed, bars, restaurants & shops all close bye, I will be staying here again when I go back..

Ian Hodges Ross-On-Wye

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Ian,

First off, a belated Happy Birthday! Your review is one of my favorites that I have ever read. Staff going above & beyond for our guests is why we do what we do. I am so happy to hear that we were able to make such a special birthday even more special.

Hope to see you again when you visit New York!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We choose the hotel because it was one with the better prices when we were looking, and actually there was a fantastic choice. Staff were attentive, helpful and extremely friendly, specially with us that we were travelling with our 11 months baby. The room was absolutely quiet at night and although the hotel doesn't have restaurat, they gave us a list of a lots of restaurants nerby, and the do have room service!
The location was fantastic, just a few blocks from Central Park and 3 metro lines were around the corner.
We definetly will come back here if we return to NY.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear MariaJoseY,

Thank you for the amazing review! It makes me so happy to hear that our staff made your trip much less stressful. Traveling with a child can be such a hassle so I'm glad your trip wasn't ruined!

See you next time,
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Just back from a fantastic stay in The Carvi Hotel NY.
As accommodation goes in NY out room was spacious, immaculately clean and very comfortable.
Staff were attentive, helpful and extremely friendly.
Excellent bars and restaurants in the area. PJ Clarkes & Pig and Whistle were our favourites. Super area of the sity to stay in - close to everything.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear orlasue,

Thank you so much for the great comments! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in New York and with us! PJ Clarke's is one of our favorites too...

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel is beutiful. It is clean (even though the toilett was used when we arrived and did not apologyze) The service are helpful. The room size was great for two.
Most of the importance of this hotel is its location: is near museums, churches, subways, and different malls.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear narine1985,

Thank you for leaving us a review of your stay! I am glad to hear that we were clean and located well to suit your needs while you were in New York! I do sincerely apologize for the cold welcome, we certainly don't hear something like this too often as you already know, we take cleanliness very seriously.

Hope you had a safe trip home!

Rockville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Room window is at the bottom of a long air shaft and provides very little light. To add insult to injury, hotel provides minimal lamps in the room. So bring a reading light. Also, only a small desk chair for reading. Not great for reading over a long period of time.

On the plus side, very quiet room, nice furniture and bathroom, and great roof-top deck.

Room Tip: Get on high floor so you get adequate lighting.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Michael S,

Thank you for taking a minute out of your day to leave us some comments regarding your stay. Although there were some positives to your stay, I would like to apologize for the poor lighting in your room. We are undergoing a continuous revamp of our rooms and lighting happened to fall during your stay. I assure you new lamps are now arriving and being put into rooms in order to avoid this problem in the future.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully we see you again!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I've passed the building that houses the Carvi hotel many times and never noticed it. Why? Most likely because it is sandwiched between two other high rise unremarkable buildings. The hotel has no lobby to speak of and upon first encounter gives a rather odd impression: no doorman, barely one receptionist and hardly any space to place your luggage or to sit. To my great surprise the room was modern with a super comfortable bed; the bath fully equipped with fine toiletries—in short everything one needs for a comfortable stay in the center of Manhattan. The lack of a restaurant on site is not a major negative as there are plenty of places to eat—in different price ranges— on the block of the hotel and around the corner. A perfectly good choice!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear SRVP,

I'm glad that you did not judge our book by it's cover! What we lack in size we make up for in hospitality. Hope you enjoyed your time in New York outside of the hotel!