“Three Day Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carvi Hotel New York

Save Saved
You added Carvi Hotel New York to your Saves list
Carvi Hotel New York
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 East 55th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #134 of 451 hotels in New York City
Clinton, New York
“Three Day Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Excellent service. The room was very clean. The TV didn't work too well, but we got by fine as we spent very little time in the room. Very nice having PJ Clarke's very close by. In all we were very satisfied with our accommodations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear DavidBSaranac ,

Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We will be sure to check the TV in your room so thank you for letting us know. Hope you got the Cadillac Burger at PJ Clarkes!

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just south of Central Park and in convenient distance to the UN Headquarters, the Rockefeller Center, 5th Avenue, and Times Square, this slim but tall hotel is inconspicuously tucked away in the front of houses off 55th Street. Staff are friendly although check-in took a little while, and the room was only ready mid-afternoon (one is welcome to wait on the roof-top terrace). No food is served in the hotel, neither are there other facilities (gym etc.), but wireless internet is complementary, and a diner across the road offers breakfast discounts to hotel guests. Due to the layout of the building, many rooms would not have windows / natural light (mine didn’t) which plunge guests into a confused state of timelessness. The bathroom was very modern and pleasant, and there was a coffee machine on the room with a selection of coffees and decafs (percolator though, not espresso). Use of the desktop computer and printer in the reception area is free for guests which I much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear veepka,

Hope you had a safe trip home! I'm so glad to hear that your time in NYC was made better by our staff and hotel!

Hope to see you again!
Porto Alegre, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

It's always a challenge to find a hotel in NYC with: good price + good location + nice and modern rooms.
Well, the last time I went to NYC, Carvi hotel fulfilled these requirements.
Unfortunately I chose a room without window and it was so small I could barely open my baggage on the room... And there is no restaurant at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Tainan B,

So glad to hear that we were able to meet all of your requirements! Next time you come we will have to try and work together in order to get you a bigger room.

See you next time!
Niteroi, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Carvi Hotel is a charming hotel very well situated in the heart of New York, the apartments are super comfortable, the bathroom is excelent, and the people who serve super educated.For all those reasons is my favorite place since 2011 when they open.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear JRM160,

Thank you! It's great to hear that we are you favorite spot in New York! Hope to see you many times in the future!

Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I selected this hotel from many in this area based on previous reviews. When I confirmed my reservation in advance, there was a choice of a guest room with no windows for a lower rate or a standard queen for a higher rate. I chose the standard queen at the higher rate and received a confirmation for my reservation. When I checked in yesterday, I was given a guest room with no windows. I went down to the front desk with my confirmation to correct their error. I spoke with Flavia and showed her my confirmation for a standard queen. She insisted that I was confirmed for a room with no windows even though that was not what the confirmation indicted. She offered to upgrade me for an additional charge. I stated that I had already paid a higher rate to have a room with a window. I asked to speak with the Manager on Duty and was told that there was no Manager on Duty. She eventually did call someone and spoke to them in a foreign language. She told me that she had spoken to the owner and that there was nothing that they would do to correct their error. I simply wanted the standard queen that I had confirmed, and I received no customer service.

Kathleen Craig
Leisure Travel Consultant
Rovia Travel

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear 77002,

First off, I apologize for the poor stay at our Hotel. After taking a look at your reservation, and your review, you are correct in saying that you were confirmed for a Standard Queen Room. Unfortunately, the room you wanted to stay in was an Executive Queen Room. I apologize for the confusion but the confirmation was for a Standard.

As for my front desk staff there is no excuse. Your situation was not handled properly and for that we are very sorry. This predicament will not happen again with the staff here. I hope you have a good rest of 2013.

Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My friend and I had a room with double beds , very nice and clean a big bathroom and as my friend is a smoker we had easy acces to the terrace. The staff was very nice and helped us with everything we needed . We also had a 10% courtesy discount at the breafast diner across the street. The location is very good near the Metro and the shops. I will be back.

Room Tip: Try the room near the terrace .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear StellaMaria,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to leave us some great comments! The staff is very happy that they were able to make your stay a great one! Hope to see you again.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was our first visit to New York City and a dear friend recommended the Carvi. We really enjoyed our stay. It was really centrally located to everything we wanted to do. The rooftop deck is beautiful and we spent some quality time up there. Of course now we are excited about New York and want to come back again. The Carvi will certainly be our hotel.

Room Tip: This is a very small hotel. We asked for a room off the street so it would be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear scottandrob,

Thank you for such a lovely review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us but even happier that you have found a second home!

See you next time,
Victor

Been to Carvi Hotel New York? Share your experiences!