“very good, excellent location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carvi Hotel New York

Save Saved
You added Carvi Hotel New York to your Saves list
Carvi Hotel New York
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 East 55th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #128 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Madrid, Spain
“very good, excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nice rooms, bigger than in other hotels in the area.
Quiet street at night.
The hotel is small but nice, new and clean.
Really well located, in walking distance from all the main attractions in Manhattan.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
BVI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay. The staff was amazing and very helpful! They helped us find restaurants and sightseeing tickets. Our room was Very clean and modern. the hotel is in a great location.
We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, and seemed very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Storh,

Thank you for the comments and the recommendation! See you next time you are in New York!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Very nice boutique hotel! Great location with easy access to the subway and all the famous mid town stores including Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman and Barney's. Room was good size for a single and had a mini frig which was handy during my mid summer stay. The bathroom had a great shower and good towels. The lighting in the bathroom was a little poor, which I was aware of by reading other reviews. The roof top deck was phenomenal! Got my coffee and pastry each morning and went up to the deck to enjoy my breakfast and view!
The only negative is that since my room was facing the street, it was a bit noisy. Next time I would get a room at the back of the building. I also prefer access to an ice machine, which they did not have- I had to call for ice. Not a big deal.
Overall, an excellent experience and would definitely stay there again!!! Very happy overall!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Susanjanejewels,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our property! We will be sure to accommodate you with a room in the back of the building next time!

See you next time!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We'll have to echo other positive reviews - our room was clean, comfortable, quiet and to our surprise - pretty spacious. The bathrobes are a nice touch.

Staff were always helpful and friendly.

Don't get me wrong - it's conveniently located - but after dark the area is pretty lifeless. However this is easily remedied - head to the night spots.

We booked via Hotel.com and received a discounted rate. While it's a little more pricey compared to other hotels, the room size and hotel location makes it good value for money.

Room Tip: Executive Queen room 306 was quiet and pretty spacious
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ASXSA,

Thank you so much for your comments! I'm very glad to heard that you enjoyed your stay. It is unfortunate that our neighborhood doesn't provide much entertainment; hopefully that changes in the near future!

Look forward to seeing you again!

Regards,
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a small hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are good size and clean. Comfortable bed. The hotel itself is quiet, no slamming doors etc. Although there is a lot of noise from traffic. Lovely terrace on the top floor. The hotel doesn't offer breakfast, but there are plenty of options nearby. Free WIFi. Convenient location, few metro stations nearby.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hello myholidays12,

Thank you for your review and glad you enjoyed your time at the Carvi New York. Hope we will see you again in New York or in Portugal.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was a trip for my Husbands birthday and we stayed at the Carvi Hotel 20th June to 28th June 2013 , it was a perfect hotel for us. The staff were so very welcoming , kind and helpful without exception. I think KAZLET sums it up perfectly by saying it is clean, comfortable and caring. We stayed in Room 703 and it was ideal, on the top floor, not far from the lovely roof terrace which we really enjoyed. We would not hesitate to stay at this lovely hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello suzyp8,

Thank you so much for the review of our hotel! We hope to spend many more birthday's with you. See you next time!

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at the Carvi Hotel for a good 3 nights while I was on holiday with my boyfriend. He stayed a little longer than a week and he said the hotel was "alright". The room itself is quite small (even for a hotel in Manhattan). I've stayed in some pretty tiny rooms, but this room definitely is WAY too small for a family - I would say a couple is already tight. There is almost no room to walk between the TV stand and the bed, not to mention that there is no room to open my luggage (maybe a bit between the nightstand and the wall). I don't recommend it for a families or traveling with more than one other person. The bed was only queen sized too.

That being said, the amenities are very basic. It comes with a TV (that's so slow when changing channels or turning on), WiFi (which was decent) and small fridge in the room (which was more like a freezer when we put bottled water in it). The washroom was alright, but NO counterspace at all and I had a difficult time organizing everything. There was also no conditioner the ENTIRE time I was there! What kind of hotel has no conditioner? I had to go out to a drugstore and buy a travel sized one. The bathroom also has very bright lights - but no lights IN the shower. It was oddly lit in that way. The AC was also very awkward (like others have complained). It was very loud but also very inaccurate - it would be either VERY cold or VERY stuffy... and I rather be cold than stuffy so I huddled on the bed a lot.

All in all though, the location is actually very prime and I liked how easily accessible everything was. That's the beauty of NYC in general though. I took the subway a lot and even when I didn't, Rockefeller Centre was only a 10 mins walk away. There's no restaurant in the hotel, but there's a 24-hour McDonalds around the corner or the restaurant across the street (which my bf didn't like so not recommended). The staff were very friendly - but we didn't have a lot of conversion. I didn't like being on the first floor because you can see our room door straight when you walked into the hotel - so lots of noise (especially in the morning).

Despite the small room and on-par services, I would still say that the value is good for the hotel. I probably wouldn't come again, but it was a good stay while I was there. Great for solo travelers or those traveling with a budget.

Room Tip: The room I had - had no view. It was the view of the back of the adjacent building. The first floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Carvi Hotel New York? Share your experiences!