“Good value for Manhattan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street to your Saves list
Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Nassau Street, New York City, NY 10038 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #289 of 456 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Montreal, Quebec
“Good value for Manhattan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Excellent king size bed, clean rooms & bathrooms, a nice basic hotel. Well located in the lower part of NY. Lots to experience within walking distance & subways are nearby. The important thing it's usually the lowest price you'll find for a brand name hotel in Manhattan! Room rate for 2 is around $180, with taxes & fees it's $205. Recommended.

Room Tip: I guess the rooms are all about the same because tall buildings shield most views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Leslie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback about our property! We hope that you enjoyed your stay and will consider us in the future. We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I arrived fairly late around 10PM, and check-in was super quick. My room was booked by my firm via an OTA, so I had emailed my Platinum status information in ahead of my stay. Although I did not get a response, they did take it into account and informed me that I was upgrade to a king executive room (from a regular room I suppose) on the top floor. I appreciated how automatic the process was, but also wish that my email receipt had been confirmed.

Initial impressions of the room were not great. It was musty smelling, as if the room had not been used or cleaned in a very long time. But I was able to crack the windows and turn on the aircon fan to get air flowing, and a couple hours later, it was mostly fine.

The bathroom was not small, and it was filled to the brim with towels. I honestly had no idea what to do with all the extra towels. I did find the sink remarkably small, and the faucet is off to the side, which was unintuitive. The biggest problem I had was with the terribly slow drain. However, this appeared to be fixed the second night. I could only assume the housekeeping staff noticed and had it fixed. Again, I really appreciated this proactive customer service. Shower pressure and temperature were both great.

I should also mention that the bed was incredibly soft and pillowy, which I love. But something weird did happen on both nights - in the middle of the night, the TV would turn on randomly and wake me up. I was really confused...was this real or was I just dreaming??? Fortunately it only happened once each night (but that's once more than I care for).

Finally, in the spirit of proactivity, I was invited to have free breakfast on my final morning. I'm not sure if all guests were invited, or just a few. Even though I did not take advantage of it, and checked out in the morning to leave for the office, I again appreciated the nice gesture.

This was the cheapest room I could find during an insanely expensive Memorial Day week trip to NY, so it was not a good value. But I have no doubt that there were probably far worse choices that week for a lot more money, so I was pleased with the stay overall.

Considering the convenience of the 4/5 train to my office at Grand Central, I would totally stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Leslie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We truly appreciate your feedback and will use this information to improve our property.

We hope to see you soon!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The location of the hotel is awesome; walk no more than 5 minutes to the subway. Surrounded by restaurants. The "Bull", World Financial Center, Battery Park are all 10 minutes of walking. Also, if travel happens from LaGuardia airport, it is convenient. Hotel staff are super friendly. One little concern that we had was, for a 4 person reservation, the room was too small; difficult to move around if you have a couple of bags; but hey, it's New York City and you can't complain too much. But I have stayed in other hotels which were much spacious and in the same price range. Definitely recommended if you plan to take the Liberty cruise. Parking not available. Free wifi in the hotel is nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Leslie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to reviiew our hotel as your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We hope to see you again soon!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Conveniently located, near Wall Street and Brooklyn Bridge. It's just a short Subway ride from anywhere we wanted to go. The beds are comfortable and the space adequate. The staff was always willing to help. Christopher at the front desk was more like a Concierge than a clerk, his attitude and professionalism made our stay more pleasurable.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the valued feedback that you have provided. We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property!

See you soon!
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights whilst visiting friends. The location is superb for Wall Street. Its not the easiest place to find but once located its ideal. The rooms are clean and well presented. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Only gripes would be small reception area and slow wifi. Would definitely recommend.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us! I see that you enjoyed your time here in "The Big Apple" and at our property. Hope to see you soon!
Deep South
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed here in mid-May for one night. Super convenient to the subway, Wall Street and the World Trade Center. Not easy to see from the street but easy enough to find. Tight squeeze in the lobby and room (single) was small but very clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. OK wireless connection but excellent hard-wired connection. Would stay here again unless traveling with 3+ people.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Leslie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive feedback! I am so happy to hear the you rnjoyed your stay with us and that you would stay again. See you soon!

Leslie G
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in mid May. The hotel is in a narrow one way street and the entrance well identified though all cabbies we used had some difficulty finding it. On entering the hotel it appeared a bit 'European' but not in a good way. The lobby is very small with standing room for about 4 guests with bags and a couple of soft chairs. All corridors were narrow and the building felt tired and under-maintained.

The room was of a reasonable size though poorly lit and a modest sized bathroom which was relatively well lit by comparison. The bed (double only) and pillows were comfortable. The decor was a dull yellow.

Despite booking 2-3 months earlier, on arrival we discovered the restaurant was closed for renovations which had commenced in April. There had been no contact from the hotel after the booking was made to say the restaurant would be closed - perhaps an opportunity to review our accomodation. The offer of a 10% discount at the Dunkin'Donuts next door was hardly a worthy gesture.

Housekeeping was mostly acceptable though it never seems to amaze me how hotel housekeeping around the world can take away 2 towels and face cloths and return less than was used or none at all. It seems this hapens here too!

I was concerned to see that a fire escape stairway landing was blocked entirely by rubbish bags. I drew it to the attention of hotel staf but I didn't check it later.

Overall, the hotel was generally disappointing. The location was good however and within walking distance to the 9/11 site and ferries. We would probably not stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Leslie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback about my property. I plan to take the infomtion that you have provided and work on improving on these things. Again much thanks.

Been to Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street? Share your experiences!