“What a great surprise.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street

You added Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street to your Saves list
Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Nassau Street, New York City, NY 10038 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #295 of 463 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“What a great surprise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel was a surprise. Booked it due to the reasonable cost and downtown location. Didn't expect such as spacious and comfortable room, and clean. Had the best sleep of our trip at this hotel. Rooms were very well appointed, very spacious and a good sized bathroom. Staff were very helpful; Leslie was excellent. The location is great for all the downtown attractions, and close to Fulton St subway which gives you access to most lines. What a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear guest, I appreciate your comments about your most recent stay at my hotel. I am glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay - Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Good location. Very small room and bathroom. Toilet adapted so can open door into bathroom.
Bathroom very small, had to straddle the toilet or turn sideways to close bathroom door. Initially in Room 404 but the mold smell was so bad in the bathroom requested an air cleaner (they didn't have any) so moved me to room 1503. When checked out that room, thermostat set to 84 degrees so hard to tell if bathroom smelled of mold. It did but not as bad. Only visible mold around the handle in shower. Shower designed very poorly, with short edge (about 2" tall) and shower curtain that billows out and barely reaching edge of the short ledge. This meant both of my bigger roommates got water all over the floor. I'm very short/Petite so could keep the water mostly off the floor. This and a very wimpy fan in bathroom would be my guess of where the mold smell comes from. I would have moved again but was tired of packing up and moving.
Booked through Priceline, had to pay $50/night extra for Friday and Saturday nights to upgrade to two doubles. Actually stayed Wednesday-Sunday. Room was very small, had to store suitcases on the side of the bed and on the top of the Wardrobe (no closet) to have any room. Front desk was nice and allowed me to check in early (about 10:30am). They moved me quickly when I complained about the mold smell. Good location, easy to Subway. Very small lobby. Small workout room. Reasonable restaurant for breakfast but ask for cheddar otherwise the default is American cheese. Good restaurants around that location.

Room Tip: Higher up to avoid noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at my hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your room; please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any questions/concerns. -
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

As Priority Club members, we were given a comfortable room in terms of size and layout. The window faced the back, but provided more quiet (which we like). The staff was very helpful, and we enjoyed our stay very much. The location is very close to many small, cute eateries and stores and subways. But one should take time to get familiar with the narrow streets and directions (toward Water St. or toward Broadway). Lots of people all the time and safe neighborhood.

Room Tip: corner room more space; rooms back of hotel are quiet
Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear guest, I am glad to know that your enjoyed the weekend! - thank you for taking the time to review my hotel, I appreciate it. - Please come back soon!
Tel-Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

perfect tourist budget hotel
not a cheap economy hotel - it is nice holiday inn, with good room rate .
if you came to travel or work in NYC,
no lobby, just a front desk with 3 chairs, but hey - this is the way to reduce the rate, we came to explore NYC,
close to Subway, perfect if you are coming from JFK on the A train.
also good connection to mid town.
secure and safe area - as it is next to the federal reserve .
also all food lace around are for the working people in this business area . not tourist trap !
try the food carts for breakfast or launch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest, thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to stay in Downtown NYC. I am glad to know that your enjoyed your stay...thanks again!
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful and our room was clean. Tight quarters are to be expected, but it is very quiet at night and close to lots of subway locations. There are plenty of excellent restaurants to within walking distance. W

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel; I appreciate your feedback. Please come back soon!
Hillerød
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is located at the financial district, very close to ground zero, brooklyn bridge etc. Same street as the stock exchange. Great shopping opportunities at Broadway, and excellent places for dinning and eating in general. Only minor amount of tourist shops/traps. There is also a lot of metro-stations towards uptown. Overall very good location.

The hotel staff was kind and helpfull. The rooms were very small and had huge (overkill) A/C's which made A LOT of noise during the night.

The Wifi was free, stable and pretty fast.

Tips: The hotel has a car service, slightly more expensive than a yellow cap, but can arrive at the hotel at specific time. We walked 100m to broadway and took a regular cap instead.

Room Tip: Queen size beds are very small compared to european standards. If you are a coulpe, make sure to get...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear guest,

I am glad you were very satisfied with your stay at my hotel, thank you!
Germantown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I just LOVE this part of lower Manhattan! It is so historical and the streets are narrow and full of character. Some of the old architecture is amazingly beautiful and you simply cannot help but notice. I booked through Hotwire, they placed us here after I narrowed it down to a certain area of the city where I was interested in staying. An easy walk from the Fulton Street subway and very close to the Nat'l 9-11 Memorial Site, Wall Street, Battery Park & to St Paul's & The Trinity Church. The check in process was easy and the young woman at the front desk (Leslie?) was both friendly & helpful. Hotwire never sent me a "Voucher" over my e-mail, but she said that she "would take care of it for me on Monday", that was music to my ears, how many times do you hear that in a day? And who wants to be stressed on a trip because you don't have the right paperwork ...? We never utilized the Lounge or the restaurant so I cannot comment on that area. Our room was on the 4th floor, and unlike our last hotel, they had an elevator, YAY! The room was small but I expected that. You cannot ask for a large room in NYC unless you are prepared to spend uber bucks! The three of us sayed in a King sized bed & were very comfortable. The shower in the morning was hot with good water pressure. It was true that a bunch of sirens woke us up very early in the morning, "but Hey" this is NYC, it is going to be noisy. Some things to note: there was a hairdryer in a bag hanging on the back of the bathroom door, there was only a shower stall, no tub, there is a little coffee maker in the room, probably only good for 2 cups and a decent sized flat screen TV. I am sure there is Wifi also but I never used it. Downstairs, (just a few steps away from the very small lobby), are 2 computers with printers for guest use and I found this very helpful. When looking at places of interest in the city, I could print out useful information and put it into my pocket for future use. In the morning we went to St Paul's church for their 10 am service. Trinity also offers services and they are staggered between the two locations all morning so you can choose the one that you want to attend. We were able to grab a quick bite to eat and a drink on the way and off we went. The only negative part of this room was that the heat blasted at 78-82 degrees all evening & night and it was impossible to turn it down. Without it on at all, you would become too cold but with it on, you felt like you were baking. Could we have complained? Yes, but we didn't think it was worth it for just an overnight visit. I mentioned it when we checked out so they could look into it but other than that, it was a fine place for a shower and a bed for one night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest, I appreciate your feedback and patronage, thank you!

Been to Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street? Share your experiences!