“Good Location, clean, friendly staff - couple of suggestions though.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street to your Saves list
Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Nassau Street, New York City, NY 10038 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #265 of 451 hotels in New York City
Albany
“Good Location, clean, friendly staff - couple of suggestions though.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on Wednesday, October 24th. We checked our luggage that morning as our rooms weren't ready yet. The staff were very friendly. When we returned later that day, our rooms were ready, again friendly staff and check in was fast and efficient. I was on the 2nd floor. When I got off the elevator I almost thought I was on a service floor because there were about 8 vacuums lined up in the hallway. Not so appealing and was worried about what my room would look like! BUT the room was fine. Clean, small, but sufficient. The hotel is very convenient to the Staten Island Ferry, shops, restaurants/bars, fast food, subways, etc. There really isn't anything you can't find in this area! Its also a very safe area day & night. A lot of police presence due to it being in the financial district. The freedom tower is very close. Close to Century 21 shopping (I wasn't impressed with the store though). When I was checking out the next morning I walked out of my room to the same old vacuums and piles and piles of clean towels blocking the hallway (I couldn't fit my suitcase past them). My recommendation to management is to ask cleaning staff to put their supplies out of the way of guests and out of view (not pleasant to look at). The hallways are very narrow as it is without adding clutter to them. The breakfast was minimal but nice for a NYC hotel to offer. The waitress was overwhelmed and a little rude due to it being so busy. I would stay at this hotel again if the Millenium is not available (the rooms are much larger for the same price).

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel and provide valuable feedback. I have addressed your comments with my staff and proper steps have been taken to remedy the storage issue. Thanks again for your comments and looking forward to see you soon!.

426 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were able to get a good deal through Priceline and were impressed with this hotel in the financial district. Just blocks from NY stock exchange where we had a great walking tour. I would stay here again as the staff were friendly and informative in regards to getting around Manhattan

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I appreciate your comments and hope to see you back soon!
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night to explore NYC. Not much in this area in terms of restaurants and bars but easy access to fulton street where you can get the subway to most of manhattan. Arrived early at the hotel, but the staff were more than happy to let me leave my bags and come collect later, the same on my check out I left my bags all day no problems.

The room was pretty big for a city hotel, nice bed and a desk area if you wish to work, No noise from the street even though i was on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to review my hotel. I am glad to know that my staff assisted you during your stay...they are terrific!

Thanks again and come back soon!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn a couple times for business, and will continue to stay if there is room when I'm in town. Two things that differentiate this hotel from many of the others is that there is free internet service as well as a free breakfast. Many of the hotels in the area charge an additional daily price for internet and don't offer anything for breakfast. The rooms are also reasonable considering the location in NYC. The only possible gripes I would have is that it seemed that there were times when only 1 elevator was running and with as many floors that the hotel has, it would take a while to get an elevator on the ground floor. The other gripe would be that there didn't seem to be a way to pull a curtain shut so that there was privacy in the room. Overall, though, I will continue to stay at this hotel when I head to the Financial District in NYC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I appreciate your comments and patronage. Come back soon!
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great base for exploring NYC. Staff were very helpful and always on hand to ask questions re getting around ect, Not huge rooms but as it's a holiday Inn their never going to be vast. Would definitely recommend to anyone going on a city break as you'll probably end up being out all day anyway. Plus the bed was huge and ridiculously comfy which was definitely a bonus!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind review about my hotel, I appreciate it!
brisbane Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had a two night booking that was not cancellable. Unfortunately I had to return to Australia urgently as my mother was terminally ill. She passed away and I contacted Expedia as a courtesy to advise I would not be able to use the booking. They went above and beyond and contacted the manager of the hotel who agreed to cancel the booking on compassionate grounds. I would have no hesitation in using Epedia or Holiday Inn in the future and want to pass on my very sincere appreciation.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear guest,
I am glad that my staff assisted you during this tough time; my most sincere condolences for the loss of your mother.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed here with my family for 2 nights and 3 days in last week of July.
Location is great. Wall Street attractions are a stone throw away. Metro station is nearby and connects to multiple lines. It is costiler to stay here than uptown but then it saves you a lot of travelling time.
Hotel lobby and walkways are not very spacious- but we had expected that given we wanted a place in downtown. Wifi service was good.
Hotel room was very nicely done. Hotel staff was very courteous and helpful - whether it be in terms of providing maps or directions, etc. Hotel was undergoing renovation but good staff behaviour made stay memorable
I would certainly stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I appreciate your feedback and hoping to see you back soon.

Been to Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street? Share your experiences!