“My favorite chocolates worldwide” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kee's Chocolates

Kee's Chocolates
80 Thompson Street, New York City, NY 10012 (Manhattan)
(212) 334-3284
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 559 shopping in New York City
Type: Specialty Shops
Attraction Details
New York
10 attraction reviews
“My favorite chocolates worldwide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

I've been a fan of this petite chocolate shop since it opened years ago. In the past few years, Kee's has doubled it's space (one storefront is production only and the other is retail) The chocolates are made fresh daily and are DIVINE!! Extremely rich and creamy. I have to take a piece in 2 to 3 bites because it is so rich. (and sadly they aren't calorie free:( but if you are going to indulge, it might as well be with something fabulous)

I love to introduce my out of town friends and business clients to this NY gem. (One of my UK friends likes to visit the day he is heading to the airport. He took some to his wife & office mates once and now has a standing order whenever he is in NY.)

There are different flavors every time I visit, but here are a few of my favorites to recommend in case they are there the day you visit.

Passion fruit (not overly sweet) (I love tart things so that's why this moves up higher on my list...but the next one is pretty fantastic too.)

Thompson (the best way to describe this is almost biting into a cup of hot chocolate (but not hot obviously!.. it has fresh whipped cream inside it)

Lemon Basil - I wasn't sure about this as I am not much for the current trends in more "savory" type and unusual chocolate flavors... but became a fan after the owner convinced me to try it. Just a little note of basil that balances out the lemon...very yummy.

They also have turtles (usually) and macaroons like you find in Paris...but the truffles above remain my favorite.