“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mamma Mia! on Broadway

Mamma Mia! on Broadway
235 West 44th Street - The Broadhurst Theatre, 235 W 44th St, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)
212 239 6200
Website
Improve this listing
Visit Mamma Mia! on Broadway like an insider
$124*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: Over 30 million people all around the world have fallen in love with the characters, the story and the music that make MAMMA MIA! the ultimate feel-good show! Writer Catherine Johnson's sunny, funny tale unfolds on a Greek island paradise. On the eve of her wedding, a daughter's quest to discover the identity of her father brings 3 men from her mother's past back to the island they last visited 20 years ago. The story-telling magic of ABBA’s timeless songs propels this enchanting tale of love, laughter and friendship, and every night everyone’s having the time of their lives! With more productions playing internationally than any other musical, MAMMA MIA! is a Global Smash Hit!
Columbus, Ohio
72 attraction reviews
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Went to this musical just for fun. Enjoyed show, but not what I would typically expect of Broadway. Stage settings very simplistic. Understudy performed for role of mom/Donna, and didn't seem particularly strong. But entire audience really into the show and must admit I found myself humming the tunes for days afterward. I lived through the Abba years and never gave them a second thought, so find it interesting that an entire show was created around their songs. Would this musical be my first choice? No it wouldn't, and wasn't, but certainly a fun time for our second show of the trip.

• Hebrew first
Buckhannon, West Virginia
42 attraction reviews
“Sing along fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My dear friend saw this musical 2 years ago and loved it. So I was excited to see it. She said we could sing along, which I did, but some others didn't. There were songs in the musical that weren't in the movie so that was nice. They did a great job and really enjoyed the audience participation at the end. Only disappointment was a 10 year old next to me from Germany was loud as he was trying to tell his 6 year old sister the story line as she didn't understand.

Sydney, Canada
“MAMMA MIA ON BROADWAY AT WINTER GARDEN THEATER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This show is a must-see!! It was amazing how the play was written to incorporate ABBA's songs. The entire cast was phenominal and the signing was also great. Judy McLane and Aaron Lazar were the best . :)

We had front row seats and were very lucky to get them. HOwever, every seat in the Winter Garden is a great seat.

The ending was fantastic---w here the cast encouraged everyone to stand up and cheer them on when singing and dancing to ABBA classics!

GO AND SEE THIS SHOW...you won't regret it.

Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Mamma Mia!!!!!!!!!! Sweet Sixteen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Well my daughter LOVED IT!!!!!!! I did love it after intermission it seemed to pick up. I really the singing especially towards the end. It had a very slow start but picked up. The theater was gorgeous. I could see this again just for the singing and dancing.

Visited October 2012
Hackensack, New Jersey
“One of my favorite plays in Broadway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My best friend Anat took me las year for my Bday to see this play and i recomended to everybody. Was great! Will like to go back!