“An upper West Side keepsake” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pearls Chinese Restaurant

Pearls Chinese Restaurant
796 Amsterdam Avenue, New York City, NY 10025 (Manhattan)
212 749 0300
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7,687 of 11,751 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Neighborhood: Manhattan
New York City
“An upper West Side keepsake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My family and friends have eaten at Pearls Chinese restaurant many times. Recently we reserved for a large birthday party of twelve people. Once again, Pearls service and food did not disappoint, as everything we ordered and shared family style -- soups, appetizers, entrees -- was delicious! Pearls lives within a plethora of high profile restaurants on the upper West Side, but it maintains a loyal clientele for good reason! Bon appetit!

Visited November 2011

Brooklyn, New York
“Couldnt believe it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

To start the food was good but that always isnt what makes me want to eat some place. Unfortunatly everything else was not so good. First we were made to wait 10 min for a table when there were quite a few open. The problem was several employees were busy chatting with each other about another employee. This was done right in dining room infront of customers. How unprofessional. Next the service itself was seriously lacking. First they forgot to brind a dish which they claimed we didnt order. I asked about the size of the cantoneese noodle soup and was told it was small but it was like a meal. We took the dish they forgot to go and as a kicker they forgot the rice. Luckly I noticed. The staff was rude at times and just to overwhelmed. My advise. Take a pass here. Food although good is not worth everything else wrong with this place.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

Seriously. I've lived on the Upper West Side for 10 years, and I'm sure I've eaten at every Chinese restaurant. This one is my favorite. Free white wine, VERY tasty food, nice people, low prices. WE have parties here a lot, since they gladly accommodate large gatherings. What more could you want? I've been going here since they were on 103rd and Broadway (years ago) and this place is like home.