“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chelsea Pines Inn

Save Saved
You added Chelsea Pines Inn to your Saves list
Chelsea Pines Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   317 West 14th Street, New York City, NY 10014 (Manhattan)   |
Announcement
Book direct and save!
Ranked #2 of 452 hotels in New York City
Geneva, Illinois
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Chelsea Pines Inn was a wonderful place to stay to really have a taste of what it's like to live in the City. The rooms are very nice and homey, the staff personal and very accommodating. Very easy access to any place you want to go. It was just terrific staying in such a personal hotel. It really made my trip!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

1,439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

A personal hotel with extremely helpful staff. Rooms are also rather big for NYC, and the location is good with the E- and L-train stations right next to the hotel. The breakfast is also good and sufficient, which is rather exceptional in the US/NYC.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Wonderful sums up the Chelsea Pines just fine. Excellent location,comfortable accommodations, extraordinary staff. After the great included breakfast,the entire city is easily accessible by subway located minutes from the inn,or, you can just enjoy the neighborhood that contains many fine restaurants, shops, art galleries, and, the lovely Highline, an urban park.When in New York, the Chelsea Pines Inn is always our hotel of choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at the Chelsea Pines Inn from June 23rd to June 27th in the Ann-Margaret room, and everything good that you read here is true, the Chelsea Pines is an absolute gem. The owner Jay has assembled a fabulous team of people to work here, everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful and really seems to enjoy working here. If you're like me and place a priority on cleanliness, you will be completely satisfied. We loved the old-Hollywood celebrity themed rooms, and the breakfast each morning was fantastic (my husband particularly enjoyed the fresh-baked 'bread of the day' each morning). We also appreciated the cookie jar and the lemonade or iced tea made available all day in the kitchen. And we loved Charlie, who is a delight.

The location is excellent, it's located on the same block as a subway station, and within easy walking distance to the Highline, fabulous shopping, and incredible restaurants.

We are planning to return to New York next year and we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We started out our vacation knowing it would be an excellent adventure but little did we know how much the staff at Chelsea Pines Inn would take it over the top. We received a warm welcome, never had to worry about how to get from one place to another. Their restaurant recommendations were on the money. We felt at home especially coming down for breakfast in the mornings. It felt like the other guests were family as we shared our previous day's experiences. Jay and his staff are awesome!! Wouldn't have changed anything about our trip. Thanks again, Jay, Anna, Romel, and Troy, for sharing in our celebration. This will always be our "home away from home" when in NY.

Room Tip: If you can't walk stairs, please be sure to let them know as there is no elevator due to the age...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
U.K.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling to New York City for the first time, we have used Trip Advisor before to independently book a hotel so thought we would use Trip Advisor again.
When I read the Trip Advisor reviews I always hope they are accurate,but I always have that anxious wait until I see the hotel and room where I will be staying and call 'home' for the next few days/weeks, so when my wife and I arrived at The Chelsea Pines Inn we wasn't disappointed. We received a warm welcome from Jay, and once the formalities of credit cards and hair dryers was sorted ( lthough the rooms don't have a hair dryer they are available on request) Jay gave us a thorough description of places of interest, bars, restaurants and shops local to the area including maps. Our room was on the second floor (UK first floor) The Susan Haywood room, to be honest I thought the room was very competitively priced (basing this on London Hotels), it was clean, the bed was firm and very comfy (we stayed for 15 nights) and it was just what we needed for a City holiday - somewhere to eat breakfast, sleep and shower, I was surprised to find a fridge which came in very handy(especially when there wasn't a hair dryer as standard in the room). The breakfast was excellent (some plain bread for toasting would be a good addition for the British visitors) and convenient, it certainly stopped us wasting time looking for somewhere to get breakfast each day. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially Rumel and Anna. I would defiantly recommend this Hotel to stay in, it is ideally located, only 2 minutes from the Subway station. The Meat Packing area is very vibrant, and the Highline beautifully planted like an English Country Garden - All of New York is very accessable from this professionally run hotel just make sure you pack some comfy shoes, New York is a giant city.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been returning to this hotel for 2 years now and they never failed me.

You will find rooms quite small but I have stayed in several hotels around New York City and small-sized rooms is very normal for a standard ave hotel rate unless you are willing to pay more than USD500 a night.

I don't really mind going up and down the stairs. I have been accommodated to all the floors of this hotel from 1st to 5th floor and it is not a problem for me even without the elevator. Helps me burn the calories!!! Especially after eating all those delicious choco chips and oreos from hotel's kitchen!

Breakfast is delicious and filling which will energize you for your days' activities. They have microwave, bread toaster and coffee maker in their kitchen which you may use anytime of the day. For me, I normally go to NY for business and usually exhausted to go out at night for dinner. Hotel's kitchen is very homey and I don't really mind eating both breakfast and dinner while watching tv. :-)

Hotel staff and service is one of the major factor for me when I choose my hotel. And Chelsea Pines Inn never failed me when it comes to service and friendliness. They have the friendliest and most accommodating staff. I always feel welcomed and their sincerity comes from the heart.

Jay, the owner as I observed, is totally hands-on his business and I believe this what's makes him successful. Congratulations Jay!!!

Thanks to the following, Al, Troy, Daniel, Anna, Rumel and the rest of the staff! I will see you again in September!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Chelsea Pines Inn? Share your experiences!