“So glad I never took this apt in 1995 before it became a B&B!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of East Village Bed and Coffee

We can't find prices for this accommodation
East Village Bed and Coffee
Save Saved
You added East Village Bed and Coffee to your Saves list
110 Ave. C, New York City, NY 10009 (East Village)   |
Ranked #30 of 97 New York City B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“So glad I never took this apt in 1995 before it became a B&B!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD! I lived in Alphabet City for 15 years and almost rented this apt building with 3 potential roommates in 1995. It simply doesn't get any more authentic and flavorful than this part of the East Village!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was my second time staying at East Village Bed & Coffee with my first stay being over five years ago! Throughly enjoyed my stay and chatting with Anne! It was my sister's first trip to New York City and she loved it! Three of us shared the French Room. We never had to wait over a couple minutes for the bathroom. If the bathroooms on your floor are occupied, there is a brand new bathroom on the first floor. Everything was very clean! Loved having the kitchen so we could fix a quick breakfast each morning. We also enjoyed talking with other guests in the kitchen each day. There are lots of reasonable restaurants in the area. The first night, my sister and daughter were delayed so I hung around the East Village area and had dinner. I would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have this hate love relationship with EVB&C every time I swear I would not go back I end up going back. Location is excellent, Anne is a friendly host and the java rocks.
The french room I believe is one of the biggest ones, plenty of room and a nice chair to sit and
relax. Downside the mattress is super lumpy and Anne if you read this please get a new mattress
for that room. Also no black out curtains, so when the sun comes up it get's pretty bright pretty quick which is somewhat of a drag if u go to bed at 3 am.
Excellent restaurant choices within short walking distance.

Room Tip: every room is very different, read the reviews to find what you think is going to suit you best.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at East Village Bed and Coffee. From the welcome we received when we walked in til we left, Anne, Alex, and Mango were friendly and helpful. The East Village neighborhood had lots of character, and this place is a short walk to the subway. Will definitely stay here again when visiting NYC!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Came here with a colleague for business, excellent stay in a very unique place. The proprietor Anne and her assistant Alex were extremely helpful and went above and beyond to make our stay in the city enjoyable. A wide variety of rooms filled with a diverse group of people from all over the world. Can't beat the rates for the city and location. Bicycles made available for guests as well! Would recommend for backpackers or business travelers and anyone in between.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

After a long flight from London to New York and a terrible case of jet lag we were both very tired when we arrived at the Bed and Coffee. We got the shuttle taxi service from the airport and were a little worried we'd arrived at the wrong place when we got here as we couldn't see any signs for the place. After walking around a bit and being helped out by a friendly New Yorker we realised we had been dropped outside the bed and coffee in the first place. The evb&c sign is actually on the floor of the pavement we later found out. We asked why they didn't have a sign and Anne said it was so people didn't openly know it was accommodation which I can see why - it actually made me feel a bit safer knowing people would think we lived here rather than looking like tourists going in and out. So the first part of our stay in New York and we stayed the Treehouse room (above the office) which was rather on the small size and especially as my friend is 5ft 9" we perhaps wouldn't stay in this room again. Was quite a hot room too and when there's 2 of you in there it can get a little too much at times. However we were of the thinking that we didn't come to NYC to spend it In a room and as this was only really a place to sleep we could cope with it. We left NYC and came back a week or so later and stayed in the Observatory room which was a tad more spacious which was gladly welcomed. As we had a morning flight into NYC (arriving at the bed and coffee at 0600) Maya kindly let us have a code to get in so we could just put our heads down on the sofas. We couldn't get into our room as there were guests in there still and it had to be clean. As soon as the cleaning chap had changed the sheets and given it a dust, polish and Hoover we got in which was welcomed very much so after a red eye flight with no sleep from Las Vegas.

Absolutely loved staying in the East Village and spent most of our days walking everywhere rather than catching the subway or taking taxis. Anne and Maya were extremely helpful if we had any questions. We really felt welcome and would highly recommend anyone coming to stay in NYC to stay here. If you're a bit on the tall side ask which room would be best as the ones on the ground floor lack in height.

Can't wait for my next trip to New York and would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask Anne or Maya - if you're after a bigger room, smaller, height. Just ask. Perhaps not the Obs...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It pains me to say it because the host is charming, but i couldn't stand up in my room. What's the deal with that? When i confronted the owner with this, she replied "Didn't i send you the link in which was written the it was a low ceiling?" Well, with "low ceiling" i assume that it means that the ceiling will be 'close' to your head as opposed to a normal or high ceiling, NOT THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STAND STRAIGHT. I am 1m86 and i had to bend my neck. If you don't believe me, look at my uploaded picture with the famous ikea Aneboda closet, notice how the feet of the closet are not put on. Honestly, i think it is an outrage to ask money for this. I know we are all supposed to accept the small spaces in New York but this is ridiculous.
Also, on the website are rooms shown with windows, some of these windows don't face outside, they face inside, meaning no daylight enters, ever. Also, my window couldn't even close, it faced the living/kitchen area, meaning, every noise of the common area entered my room. After 2 days she gave me a new room, where there was no wifi signal at all. My last day i talked to a guy who had a room next to me, i entered it, it was twice the size as mine, high/normal ceiling, normal windows facing the street, Wifi worked perfectly, for only +/- 20 dollars more than me. i can understand that he very much loved his stay. Conclusion: House with charming people working there, a great vibe, a possibility to have a great room but also some rooms that should never be rented. I feel cheated!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to East Village Bed and Coffee? Share your experiences!