“What a find, what a deal!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Gracie Inn to your Saves list
Travelocity Booking.com
The Gracie Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   502 East 81st Street, New York City, NY 10028 (Manhattan)   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“What a find, what a deal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

So glad we stayed at the Gracie Inn! Old school charm, really cool manager, quiet neighborhood with great restaurants all around - East End Kitchen was terrific! Gracie Inn is quite possibly the best value in the city.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We staied here 5 nights during honeymoon and it was the worst start we can thinking of.
The rooms are cleaned only at the starting of clients(they said): our room in any case is not well cleaned.
We had a good time as long as we staied out of the room...

• Stayed June 2013
dsasse, General Manager at The Gracie Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I do not know who guest "Cappe1976" is. We looked back 3 weeks in our log book and in our reservation system. We have reservations for 4 nights and 6 nights but, nothing for 5 nights.
Our housekeeping service is "industry standard" for the United States of America. For the record, I will explain it. We clean every room prior to arrival. We enter the room every day and remove the breakfast tray, empty your trash, do your dishes and make your bed. If your towels are on the floor we replace them. If you hang them up we assume you are going to reuse them. (there is a green eco sign in every bath explaining this) We change sheets every third day unless other wise requested. Maybe they had a DND sign on their room? I wish I could give more insight, I hope this information is useful.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The manager was fantastic. He had a crib ready for us and waited until our arrival for check in at 6 pm. The room was clean and perfect for the bike tour with a kitchen included. Given space constraints for NYC it is exactly what I would have expected. Great choice and location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is so nice and clean. I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and it was wonderful. The staff were nice and the breakfast was really good. The room was really clean as well and the attention i received was great.

Room Tip: This hotel is great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Smyrna, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked directly with the hotel due to it's location. I was visiting a friend who lived just a block away so I took a chance. The staff is very nice and friendly although I was staying for just one night by myself so I didn't need much attention. Breakfast arrived exactly when I requested. The studio room on the fourth floor was clean and nice but it needs updating, particularly the kitchen and bathroom. It is on a safe street but the room is definitely not soundproof. I'm used to a quiet, suburban setting where I live but I didn't expect the same for the Upper East Side--bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Loud people outside about 3 a.m. and then the hotel noises started about 8 a.m.--it is an old building and you can hear people easily as well as the elevator. Yes, there was a hair dryer and iron in the room--in the kitchen cabinet. Overall, I'm glad I stayed there and would consider staying again. It's New York City--it's all about tradeoffs!

Room Tip: If you have a choice, a higher room would probably be quieter although I was on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Old style Inn with class. Some rooms look more like dorm rooms with kitchenette but overall it was a nice hotel. Did not do breakfast.would need service to be mOre Attentive, but overall a very nice stay

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel looked really nice on the website but the reality was a huge disappointment. The rooms were cramped, the furniture was old, the banister was loose, the carpet looked dirty, the cooker didn't work, under the bed was dirty, the fold down bed was old and rusty. The hotel is not staffed in the evening and we got no response from the contact phone number. We checked out the following day and had the inconvenience and expense of finding another hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
dsasse, General Manager at The Gracie Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Our confirmations clearly states our office is not open 24 hours a day.
My cell phone is one the phone in the room, the office door and the front door of the hotel.
We spoke to them the next day and told them that we had no missed calls and no voice mails but, they made up their minds that they wanted to leave. We wished them well and waived the early departure fee. Honestly, their were 5 women and only one bathroom (which is clearly stated on our website) We at the hotel think that their budget just was not realistic when they reserved their room.

Been to The Gracie Inn? Share your experiences!