“Great Hotel !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Gracie Inn

Save Saved
You added The Gracie Inn to your Saves list
The Gracie Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   502 East 81st Street, New York City, NY 10028 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #55 of 96 New York City B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Great Hotel !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

After days and weeks looking for a good hotel to stay I decided to book at the Gracie Inn since my best friend spoke to me about it. I have to say I loved this place. its a really small hotel located in the east side of manhattan, very nice location with good restaurants around. the staff there i think by the name of javer was very nice and helpful. Would definitely stay again for my next visit to ny,

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

If I could give this INN no circles I would. Do not stay here.The Inn was nothing like the pictures on the internet. My room was dirty and dingy with broken furniture and blinds that did not fit the windows, I stayed there during a cold spell with the lowest temps reported in NYC to date. There was not heat in the studio for 2 days and they lied about it. I was stuck in the elevator between floors because the cold effected the motor. THat was followed by unbearable heat in the unit with no way to control it. I stayed a week and had 2 days of normal temps in the room. When I complained upon departure I was told that incoming guests would pay a lower rate because of the problems. THey would not give me a refund for the freezing days and when I complained to VIsa they told Visa that I had opened the windows and that's why it was cold! IIf only the windows could have been opened! DO not stay in this hotel and if you do do not pay until you have seen the room in advance and checked its heating system. Terrible place! DIrty, dingy, broken furniture and lying manager.

Room Tip: See it before yuregister
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Carlsbad California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

After looking for a reasonably price hotel to stay for 6 friends in New York City. We decided to try the Gracie Inn. This property may not be for everyone, it's a little funky and old. But we loved it. My husband and I had a studio, which looked out on a tree lined 81st street. Our friends shared a 2 bedroom suite, that had a charming small balcony where we gathered. It includes breakfast which you choose from a menu when you check in, and is brought to your door. The staff could not have been nicer and more helpful. They were doing renovations right after we left. The location is great. Right down the street from the park where Gracie Mansion is housed. About 6 straight blocks from Central Park and the Metropolitan Museum. The walk along the East River is only one block away. We found good food in the neighborhood, of course it's New York City. If you are looking for a perfect bed and a perfect bathroom, this place is not for you. It's also 7 blocks from the subway.But very easy to get cabs outside the door. I don't know really how to describe it but it's like staying with your favorite Aunt, comfortable, warm, quiet and inviting, if a bit eccentric. I would stay here anytime and we are hoping to stay again.

Room Tip: The room we had facing 81st Street was very quiet. The staff is very helpful when you reserve and w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the inn for a couple nights, clean and spacious rooms. Conviniently located in the upper east side. Quiet and peaceful hotel. Amazing hospitality, breakfast was served timely and tastefully.

• Stayed January 2012
McKinney, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Stayed there years ago and it was a dump. Still is. DIRTY, DIRTY. If there was a lower rating then terrilbe it would deserve it. Anyone giving it a good rating must be related to the owners.
STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Bronx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

My short stay at the Gracie inn was fantastic. From the spacious rooms that give you a feeling of home, to the courteous and knowledgeable staff that make your stay as comfortable as the comforts of your own home. What more could you ask for. I would recommend friends and family to stay here to feel the comforts of home with benefits.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Recently I stood at the Gracie Inn. during the weekend of the NYC Marathon. I did not run, but I did go to show my support. Though I did not enter the race my touring around the great city was "marathon" enough for me. Leaving my legs and body sore and in high need of some home like comfort. The time I spent at Gracie Inn. was a very comforting and peaceful experience. It's discreet location on the Upper Eastside provided for lively days and quiet nights, and was just what I needed to get me going in the morning and to help me relax when I returned from my long city days. My room was gorgeous and had all I needed to feel at home, and the upkeep of the entire establishment from my perspective was of high standard. I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: The higher up in the building that your room is, the higher the value!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Gracie Inn? Share your experiences!