“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gild Hall - A Thompson Hotel

Save Saved
You added Gild Hall - A Thompson Hotel to your Saves list
Gild Hall - A Thompson Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Gold Street, Main Entrance on Platt Street, New York City, NY 10038 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Tripadvisor Fans-Save 15%
Ranked #59 of 449 hotels in New York City
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Lower Manhattan is a great place to stay on the weekend and Gild Hall was fabulous. Our room was clean and comfortable and everyone who worked there was pleasant and easy to work with. They really work hard to make you feel welcome and not just some random tourist. They offer valet parking but are quick to tell you to check out local garages for better rates. We stayed on the 11th floor by the elevator and it was extremely quiet (I am a light sleeper). My husband and I plan on returning!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear waysidelynne,

Thank you very much for your review. We are always proud to be considered "perfect". We look forward to your return visit...

Warmest regards,

762 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My recent stay at this hotel was great. Seriously cool, unexpected place with very eclectic decor, great aroma in the air throughout the hotel. Spacious rooms with high ceiilings, great lighting in the bathroom. Extremely friendly and helpful front desk staff. I didn't notice typical city "street noise" so the location quiet (I was on the 4th floor). I did not have a chance to experience any of the on-site amenities.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, Fortworthorbust. We deeply appreciate your taking the time to post and are so glad you had such a great stay. We hope that you will be visiting us again soon.

Your groovy friends at Gild Hall...

Oriental, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We just stayed three nights at Gild Hall. Our total experience was exceptional for NYC. Staff is very friendly, great help with taxis, room very comfortable and entire hotel impeccably clean. Champagne and chocolate for our anniversary was a nice treat. Thank you Scott Koster and staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Gild Hall for your special occasion, Jodi714. We are happy that you had such a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your review, we hope you will be returning to us soon.

Kindest regards,

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed in Gild Hall for 4 nights in September 2013. The location of the hotel is very convenient. 5 minutes walk to 2-3, 4-5 subway and A-C train. the hotel room was small but it was clean and the bathroom was recently renovated. The staff seemed polite and nice.
The last day, when we picked up our luggage and we wanted to take a taxi, the doorman told us he will take a taxi for us. After few minutes he came with a black car which asked us for 75$ to LaGuardia airport. I asked the doorman to take us a real taxi and it seems expensive ,but he told us it was rush hour and there were no taxis available. The driver then asked for 60$.The traffic was not that heavy. When we got to the airport out of curiosity I asked a cab driver and he told us it is going to be between 40 to maximum 50$!
(And now I have ched the fair in internet: http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=NY&from=15+Gold+Street%2C+New+York+City%2C+NY+10038&to=LGA+airport%2C+Queens%2C+NY)
Feeling to be dupped, I called the hotel from the public phone to let them know of the doorman, but the receptionist put me on hold for 10 minutes and at last I hung up!
The few bucks more was not important at all! But the way the doorman tricked us and also the attitude of the receptionist made me feel really bad about the hotel.

Room Tip: The Entrance of the hotel is on Platt Street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Moonlighting_MTL,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the service failure you unfortunately encountered after check out. As you can see from previous reviews, our service is typically where we shine. However, I am very sorry we have failed you. Please, if you would reach out to me directly so that I may personally discuss the incident with you and also to give us the opportunity to rectify the situation.

Warm regards,

Barrow, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I arrived around 11am and the room was not ready but Rob quickly helped me out and rushed the room for me. He gave me directions to head out and eat which was great. They stored my bags and I came back around 1:30pm to get the keys to my room. The room was amazing and I would definitely only stay at this hotel next time I am in New York. The beautiful woman at reception during 3-11pm was a huge help with directions and where to go as well. All of the staff was amazing, including the lovely Elisa at the bar in Felice. Big props to all of the staff and bellman, especially Max who made the decision for me to go out. Gentlemen all around.

Room Tip: I was in room 60 which is a King Suite at the end of the hallway. The only downside is that the nois...
Green Features: I had plenty of towels and toiletries in the room so I had my DND to not use housekeeping and it was perfect for my 2 night trip.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your 5 star review, Jeremy A, and for recognizing our great customer service. We are glad you had a great stay and look forward to your return visit.

Kindest regards,

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights.
The room and the bath room were very clean and I like the air freshener they use.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.
My room had a king sized bed which was very comfortable.
The room has very high ceilings which made me feel easier to breath. :)
Unlike some hotel rooms that feels stuffy from the moment you enter.

Location was good, though the Google maps was not pointing to the hotel correctly for some reason. Please report this to google to have this corrected.

Next time I visit NYC I definitely want to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your posting , Joey F. We are grateful for the recommendation and look forward to your next visit. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance in the future.

Best wishes,

thunder bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

So after driving around NYC from 3am - 9am searching for a hotel, I hotwired this hotel and got it. I was greeted with friendliness from the moment I walked in, and both the young lady and young man working the counter working the desk that morning instantly began to help me. They told me that they weren't entirely full the night before and they offered me an early check in by about 5 hours at no cost, they did a walk around with the car before they parked it which personally I think all valets should do. When we got to our room, everything was neat and tidy, and the room was spotless. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel is located in a great location near many shops and restaurants. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at the Gild Hall and if we ever go back to NYC this is definitely where we will stay. Not only because the hotel is really nice, but because the staff at this hotel will really go out of their way to make you feel at home. I can't thank them enough. A+++++

• Stayed September 2013
Dear mcallister44,

We are very flattered that we received the "Best Service Award" from you. Thank you so much! We also appreciate your kind comments about our staff going above and beyond for you. Please come back soon...

Warmest regards,

bblaha@thompsonhotels.com

Been to Gild Hall - A Thompson Hotel? Share your experiences!