My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in June.
Unfortunately the outside of this hotel at the time we stayed was covered in scaffold, not a problem but it didn't do it any favours on first impressions.
However, when you enter the reception you really get a feel for the style of this hotel.
Our room was small, a little tired but the 1930's style helped you to see past it.
The staff were great, friendly and security seemed good.
The adjoining tick tock diner was a cool place to grab a burger or a fab New York breakfast but the bar on the other side of the lobby needs attention. No atmosphere and the drinks weren't great.
Location is really good I recommend a short walk from here to the high line then breakfast in the meat packing district as a cool start to the day. It's also very handy for ESB, Times Square and maceys. Overall, it's a fairly cool hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Wyndham New Yorker Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York