We had a wonderful experience with The New Yorker. The location was great... the only down-side was that our view toward the Empire State Building was obstructed by scaffolding from where they were doing work on the building.
We had a suite, with a bedroom with 2 beds, a sitting area with a sofa and desk, and a bathroom. There were 4 of us in the room, and although it wasn't large by any means, we had enough room to walk around and keep our luggage out of the way. The bathroom was obviously old, but was clean! The housekeeping staff was great when we called to get more coffee, and later a corkscrew... and when the one of the TVs wouldn't come on in the room.
This was my first time staying in NYC, and I felt completely safe. It was reassuring to see the "suits" upon entering (I assume they were security). The attached Tick Tock Diner was a cute place to get a bite to eat, and was very reasonably priced. It was a short walk down to the drug store if you need to grab a few things, and K-mart and Macy's are a few blocks away, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Wyndham, BookIt.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Wyndham New Yorker Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York