My sisters and I (5 of us) booked a suite at this hotel. I had read the reviews and felt that it might not be perfect but it would be a nice stay. First, our balcony was under construction and was full of workers and noise all day, starting bright and early at about 7:30 am. All the balconies were under construction so there was no moving. And one of the selling points of this hotel is the view, hard to enjoy through scaffolding. Next, while they're in the process of remodeling the rooms they clearly hadn't gotten to this bathroom. The bottom of the tub, where you have to stand to take a shower, was gouged out. Not a look that makes you want to take a shower. Also, the water temperature was inconsistent and some of us came close to getting burned. On the first day, they sent someone to fix the water problem but we realized the next morning when showering that it hadn't really been fixed. We had a lengthy conversation with a manager and were able to get one night refunded but it didn't change the fact that they should not have been renting that room. I told the manager that he really should go look at the tub and see how that appears to a guest. The people there were nice, housekeeping was good but I wouldn't recommend the hotel at this point.
They charge to hold your bags when you check out - not something I've ever paid for.
They recommended their shuttle for going to the airport. We needed 2 because of different departure times. We were on our shuttle for 45 minutes on a very warm day, without the air conditioning working, circling the blocks near our hotel while the driver waited to pick up others that weren't ready when they were supposed to be. Finally, after 45 minutes we actually headed for the airport. The other shuttle got to the airport in a timely fashion but dropped off my sisters at the arrivals instead of the departures and it took them a long time to get to the right area.
All in all, the hotel didn't do well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Wyndham, Amex, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Wyndham New Yorker Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York