“A great hotel with perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham New Yorker Hotel

You added Wyndham New Yorker Hotel to your Saves list
Wyndham New Yorker Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   481 Eighth Ave, 34th St & 8th Ave, New York City, NY 10001 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #254 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,423)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

as I have said before we prefer to come to this hotel . We got here today , initially I was traveling alone , then my daughter decided to come along , we were recieved by Romana , she was able to get us a two bed room , that has two bathrooms . She was very kind, and efficient . I must say a few words abuot Mr Hall from de mail room , I ordered a few stuff by internet to the hotel , they arrived before we did , I sent a mail to the mail room , and he answered telling me some of the stuff was there waiting for me. Very helpfull and very kind .
I asked for a mini fridge , when it gets up here I'll tell you guys , Ok?

Room Tip: if the view is not important , say so.
Green Features: they have a shower that sprays, and have information on these practices
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Hotel was perfect location to all the main attractions. Penn station right outside the hotel! (ideal if you are arriving by train from the airport)! Room was very small, but did not matter as you do not spend much time in there. Most importantly it was CLEAN! Hotel staff friendly. Showers could do with improvement. Would stay here again :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed back June 2011 for 6 nights flying from Glasgow.

The main entrance lobby is really beautiful and grand, we queued for about 15 mins to check in as there were a lot of people checking out at the time.

The room was quite small but it was what we expected with a large double bed. Small wardrobe and desk with chair. Included cable tv and view of the building next to us ( which we didnt care about as you dont go to New York to stay in your room all the time!). Bathroom at the time was an aged green ceramic suite (However this could have been updated since my visit?

We didnt use the restaurant attached but we did use the Tick Tok Diner almost ever day for breakfast and sometimes lunch or an evening meal.

As my title suggests this hotel was in the perfect location! Walking distance to everything!! Madision square Gardens on the corner, Empire state building up the road, few blocks to time square. Harbour to the boats not far at all either.

We bought a bus tour ticket set from a tour guide (You will spot these guys wearing bright coloured shirts/hats all over the place). This was the best investment I made whilst there, we werent interested in the tours itself but we used the buses to hop on and hop off all over the place (Uptown tour, downtown tour) cheaper than taxi and nicer than the underground. It was also boiling hot and melting in the UG. The tour guide that sold us the tickets had thrown in a free night tour which we werent going to bother with as you couldnt jump off it was a round trip, this was the best part of my trip it was spectacular taking us over the bridge into Brooklyn. The tour guide we had was amazing and he sang and got everyone laughing the whole time.

We also visited places like Natural History Muesem (A little boring if you ask me), Central Park, Ground zero, boat cruise around statue of liberty, Empire State Building etc.

If you aren't that bothered about fancy things and need someplace nice, clean and close to everything then the New Yorker is for you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My friend and I stayed in January for both of our birthdays. We really enjoyed our time in New York I found the staff to be efficient although sometimes a bit stand offish (not only in hotel so we assumed it's just the way things are in New York) the tick Tock diner was great the bar we found to be a bit expensive but we didn't have time to sit in the bar. Hotel was clean but in need of some tlc rooms were kept clean and fresh towels daily. Concierge were amazingly helpfull and very friendly. We will be back asap

• Stayed January 2014
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Fantastic location, friendly staff, the room was absolutely tiny though, but I think that's common in NYC. The door almost hit the bed as you walk into the room. No exhaust fan so prepare to be suffocated after having a shower. I would recommend the New Yorker and stay again if we're ever lucky enough to make it back to the states!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham New Yorker Hotel? Share your experiences!