I came here with friends for 4 nights and we were aiming to be out a lot (which we were) this was a great place for us as it seemed every cab we got was $10 to and from. Fantastic location and really next door to Madison Sq and we did a lot of walking to other destinations such as the shopping and to the bottom of the Empire State Building.
Rooms are small, but as I said, as a base fine and we had 3 of us to a room with 2 double beds, just enough space for all the shoes and bags.
It was a little run down in the public areas and the rooms- and the bathroom needed up dating, but a refurb is happening at the moment (which will most likely impact what was a VERY reasonably priced hotel). And for the price and location it wasnt in anyway bad!
Hopefully the upgrade going on now will not make this affordable hotel into something more exclusive.
ideal for friend trips, or those wanting to just sleep and dress in the hotel room.
There is a diner next door, which is OKAY - one of the least interesting meals we had, was fine for a hangover boost pre-shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wyndham New Yorker Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York