A great rate allowed us to upgrade to the Tower Suite, which is super roomy with a separate livingroom and bedroom, each with its own tv. Stayed a week. What we loved about room 4009....
-Amazing views out all windows.(see pictures)
-Super comfy bed.
-Wonderful housekeeping staff kept it spotless and always greeted us warmly.
-Big bathtub for a soak after a long day.
-Location location... not only for walking, but for getting anywhere in the city. Cross-town bus stops across the street... ACE lines downstairs and 2,3&4 lines a block away.
-Tower suite has a roomy 'fridge with some drinks which were no charge... and they kept the coffee pods coming as we went through 6 or 8 a day!
-Free internet was good.
-Elevator to the 40th floor was amazingly fast and we rarely had to wait more than a minute max.
-Security to the elevator (don't understand why this bothers some... It's NYC... good to know that people on your floor are actually staying there.)
-It was snowing and the heating was GREAT and very quiet.... also loved that the living area and bedroom had separate controls so we could keep the bedroom cool for sleeping while keeping the rest warm.
-Included breakfast on 39th floor was good enough to get you going with good variety and a little protein (cheese).
-They knew it was a big birthday for hubbie, but acknowledged in no way.
-Unfriendly woman at the breakfast room check-in (but really helpful guy working the room.
-Lost all hot water for several minutes (per other warnings on this site)... it only hapened to us once during the week, but once is too much. It is clearly a problem at the hotel, so fix it already! This is the main reason for 4 instead of 5 stars.
All in, we had an amazing stay at the New Yorker Hotel. It's charming and old-world and the tower suites make you feel like you're at home. We really could have happily stayed a month. Only hope we can return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Wyndham New Yorker Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York