We recently stayed here and it was the last part of our trip of a lifetime, we had already been to Vegas (MGM) see other review, we also stayed at the westin st Francis in San Fran see other review, this hotel was disappointing on arrival, we were greeted by a woman who could barely speak to us, she demanded a credit card payment for $135, we told her we don't have a credit card we only had a cash card which we were advised to take instead of cash, she said she would have to take it off there straight away, we said no to start with as this was our spending money, she then refused to check us in, she did how ever say if we gave her $250 cash we would get that back when we leave, we told her that the last two hotels had just swiped our card and not taken any funds unless we used anything in the room, she said they could not do this, we eventually had to give in as we could not check in otherwise, we got to our room on the 23rd floor and it smelled musty the room was dark and tiny and dirty, we tried to sleep as we had come in on a night flight and I can tell you now I have never heard so much noise in my life,( I'm a sales rep and spend lots of time in hotels) this is the worst one for noise I have ever stayed in. We woke later that day went downstairs and complained they moved us to the 28th floor which smelt better and was a brighter room but still very dated and in need of a strip back and re decorate, I appreciate the hotel is old but in our book there is no excuse for musty dirty rooms, and as for taking the $135 off us there was nothing in the room for us to have, no drinks nothing so I really didn't see the point in the charge.
Very unhelpful staff, this was the last leg of our holiday and I have to say I will not be going back.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Hotel
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New Yorker
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New York
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Wyndham, Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, Agoda, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your The New Yorker Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.