Just spent 5 nights at the New Yorker with my wife, 18 year ol son and 21 year old daughter.
The hotel is well placed, close to the ESB, subway, walkable to Central Park, approx 30 mins, simillar distance to the piers on the Hudson for boat trips etc.
The hotel is retro in nature, 1930s, comfortable rooms, bathroom a little dated.
Safe provided free in our room, we were given without asking a room with the most spectacular views of the ESB, this really made it a great experience.
Used the Tick Toc diner in the hotel once, reasonable price, very larger portions which is great and seemsed to be the case in most places we ate.
No bar in hotel, we went to the K mart store just up the road for some beer, lower second floor, to have while preparing to go out.
Staff were attentive and helpful, gift shop cheaper than the airport.
Great bar just across the road, with a small roof terrace, Lucy's, happy hour 4-7pm.
New York a great experiencre, strongly reccommend buying a New York pass.
JFK very poor for shops, very expensive bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Wyndham, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Wyndham New Yorker Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York