My wife and I travelled to NYC via Amtrak on February 11 to attend the WKC dog show on February 12, 2013. We decided to stay at the New Yorker because it is a very short walk from Penn Station and is one of the hotels where many of the dogs stay with their owners while in the show - quite exciting! We booked very late on the day we decided to come up and were able to get a room. The check-in process was excellent and we were in our room within minutes of arriving. The room was quite small but it was exactly what I booked. The room was clean and well appointed.
What caused me to write this review is a small problem we encountered with the room after we came back from dinner. When we walked from the elevator to the room we noticed the smell of smoke in the hall. The New Yorker is a non-smoking hotel and we were surprised to encounter the smell. The smell in the hall would not have been a problem but it was also in our room and was getting stronger as time progressed. I went to the hotel desk, reported the problem and we were immediately moved to another room. The hotel staff was professional and concerned. The speed and professionalism with how they handled the problem was excellent and would cause my wife and I to stay at the New Yorker again. I would add a half circle up there if I could.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Hotel
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New Yorker
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New York
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, Agoda, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The New Yorker Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.