“Class 4 Star Hotel/Condo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phillips Club

Phillips Club
We can't find prices for this hotel
Phillips Club
You added Phillips Club to your Saves list
155 West 66th Street, New York City, NY 10023-6501 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #169 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Dallas, Texas
“Class 4 Star Hotel/Condo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I just love staying at the Phillips Club. The location is wonderful. Bus pick up right outside the door, subway 100 feet, grocery store next door, spa next door, health club across the street. What more can you ask for. I have been to NYC many times before and this is the best location by far. Close to everything and easy access. You will enjoy.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a small balcony. You can face 66th which is nice or for a quiter view the inside...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Westminster, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I have to first of all thank the doormen, they were so sweet and helpful. The location is fantastic, near Lincoln Center, grocery store, wonderful cafes and restaurants, and of course Central Park. We stayed in a one bedroom exec suite. It had all the amenities including a kitchen that had everything you would ever need. The apartment was huge. My husband is handicapped and has to use a powerchair so having a lot of room is important for him to maneouver. This apartment was perfect for him. Only issue was we had booked an accessible room and they put us in a regular room. Within half an hour they had corrected the problem and relocated us to a more suitable room. We throroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Developed as condos, these suites are well equiped for a long stay, but perfectly reasonable for a brief visit as well. Nice staff. Grocery store right next door.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Bucks County, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I've stayed twice, most recently in April, 2011. You can't beat the location in a terrific neighborhood right by Lincoln Center and the Subway. I stayed in a one-bedroom, which had more than generous space. There is a full kitchen, which helps save a bundle on food expenses in NYC, since you can eat breakfast and other meals in the apartment (there is a Food Emporium supermarket across the street and uptown a block or so and a gourmet deli next door). There is a coffee pot in the room - and a bag of ground coffee, which I thought was a nice touch. The staff was attentive. I stayed here on another occasion with my children and had a very pleasant stay. Guests have gym privileges at Club Reebok, across the street. I didn't have time to go, but heard it's nice. The Phillips Club subway stop (66th / Lincoln Center) is a few stops north of the theater district and Penn Station.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

I have never written a negative review of anything before and I had such a terrible experience at the Phillips Club that I felt compelled to write about it. I stayed there with my 2 children in January of this year and had several negative experiences. On one occasion the doorman refused to get me a taxi when I asked him and instead poitned out the door and told me to get one myself. On another occasion the porter refused to move my luggage until it was zipped to his satisfaction and when we reached my room he yelled at me for not having the key. And on yet another occasion the sofa bed was not made up for the kids our first evening and there were no sheets or pillows available in the room. When I called down I was admonished for not telling them I need the bed made and had to go downstairs and wait at the front desk for someone to get me sheets so I could make the bed myself. The worst part of all of this was that when I spoke to the manager about all of this he was nice and then did absolutely nothing to correct the problems. Even worse, when I wrote a review on Yelp, he had it "filtered" for negative content. It was bad enough that I paid luxury prices for terrible service, but that my concerns went unacknowledged and then surpressed make me incredibly furious and even more determined to let everyone know that this is aboslutely the last place on earth they should stay unless they want to pay a lot of money for hostile service.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Manhattan is terrific, but very tough and can be daunting. Phillips Club provides a refuge where we can stock the kitchen with comfort foods from the Columbus Circle Whole Foods, nearby Food Emporium, downstairs Gourmet Garage and other take-outs we encounter. Then, relax and eat breakfast and perhaps some other meals in, and feel like real New Yorkers. Beds are comfy, with luxe linens. The East Side is just a pleasant stroll along Central Park South away. In moderate weather, we walk to the theater district. Just a few blocks south is busy midtown, which offers much, but we find too frantic and congested to call home. We are a real estate family, so we recognize that Phillips Club has location, location, location!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

I lived at PC for a few months while my new apartment was renovated. (Note: PC is very popular for this; a high proportion of the guests here seem to be New Yorkers between homes; also a sprinkling of movie and TV stars in town for a gig.) You can rent a studio, one, or two bedroom (all with a kitchen) by the day, week or month. The rooms/suites are stylish, modern and comfortable. Great big flat-screens, Bose sound system, attractive lighting, nice kitchen and bathroom. My one-BR was quiet. PC's lobby is kind of stunning, I always felt special walking through it. PC's location is terrific, not just for Lincoln Center, Columbus Circle, and all the conveniences nearby like Barnes & Noble, the gym, Balducci's, etc. Also it's a block away from the 1 and 9 train and several Broadway bus lines, so you can get around town easily and inexpensively. What I liked the best about this place was the staff. The doormen, desk people, housekeeping and maintenance people, they all give top-notch service. They were unfailingly friendly and helpful. The moment I had a problem, they were on it. They can arrange anything - car service, in-room massage, dry cleaning, messengers, show tickets, you name it. I felt very well taken care of at PC and I recommend it highly. My only caveat is that it's expensive. But you get what you pay for here.

• Liked — Service, location, amenities, ambiance, convenience
  • Disliked — Expensive; poor cell phone reception in room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Phillips Club? Share your experiences!