“Friendly staff, great rooms, a wonderful respite after a busy Manhattan day!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marmara Manhattan Hotel

Save Saved
You added Marmara Manhattan Hotel to your Saves list
Marmara Manhattan Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   301 East 94th Street, New York City, NY 10128 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #117 of 449 hotels in New York City
Savannah, Georgia
“Friendly staff, great rooms, a wonderful respite after a busy Manhattan day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

My second stay at The Marmara, plan on making this gem my NY home away from home! For one night or many this is a wonderful spot. The accommodations are outstanding, and the rates are more than fair. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean bright and welcoming after a busy Manhattan day. Nicely located - near public transportation, walking distance to great shopping, museums, and wonderful neighborhood eateries! I can't imagine ever being confined to a small hotel room again. I will be back !
Savannah Ga.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

496 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
toledo, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

We were planning for the arrival of our first grandchild, and as you can imagine, the window for that to happen was fairly wide.
The staff (particularly Nesli) was more than attentive and cooperative to our needs.
Our reservations were based on the theoretical due date, but as things happen, the baby arrived two and a half weeks early!
The morning our daughter-in-law went in to labor we hopped in our car and started our ten hour drive...along the way, we called Nesli and explained that we were coming in way ahead of schedule...her response, "your room is waiting for you"!
We drove directly to the hospital for Samantha's birth and eventually arrived at the hotel after 2:00 AM...and indeed, our room was ready!
We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room and the comfortable ammenities!
My wife and I have been coming to New York for over thirty years and have not ever had a better experience!

Laurie and Jeff Jaffe
Toledo, OH
jeff@haroldjaffe.com

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

I stayed at the Marmara and was absolutely thrilled with the service and the suite. We stayed in the Penthouse after a performance of my play. It was extraordinary. The guests I invited were very very impressed. I don't think I have recieved so many e-mail thanking me for such a wonderful time in an incredible space. The view is breathtaking.
I will stay there again in a New York Minute.
Thank you everyone at the Hotel.
Adrienne Foran
I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
North Shore City, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

I had a very nice stay here. The room was Great! One bedroom suite with full kitchen. Everything a person could need is nearby. Only three blocks from subway. I highly recommend Nick's across the street for a nice meal or pizza. Korean laundry was good and cheap. Only down side is there is major subway construction work going on on 2nd in front of hotel. Did not bother me or keep me awake.

• Liked — seperate sleeping area / kitchen
  • Disliked — Construction outside
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Well what can I say? I have been too Manhattan three times and I can safely say this is the best accommodation I have stayed in. The apartment we had was fantastic. No central park view but hey, how long do you spend in your apartment?! A couple of blocks from the Maramra is a little restaurant and bar called the Barking Dog. Food is fantastic and so is the price. Great service apart from one time. You will find it at, 150 E 34th St. Try it out. You are about 6 blocks away from Central Park and 5th Avenue. Not far from the museums. There is a store across the road from the Marmara that sells all the essentials you need. A fantastic stay. Will stay again here next time!!!!

• Liked — The Apartments
  • Disliked — Little walk to main parts of Manhattan, but its a fab walk!!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

This was a beautiful hotel in a beautiful area. Subway is walking distance, everybody was friendly!

The room was so clean, and had everything we needed.

Thanks Maramara, I would recommend you to everyone!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Birmingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

As a family of three we stopped at the The Marmara Manhattan Hotel in June 2008 for three nights. The hotels is clean and tidy we found the staff friendly and helpful, rooms are excellent, well equipped with kitchen and bathroom (we stayed in a one bedroom apartment).

Situated on the upper east side the hotel is a fair way from most of the main attractions, that said its only 10 minutes from the nearest subway and you can be in Times Square in 10 minutes and uptown Manhattan in around 25 minutes. The area has numerous bars and restaurants within walking distance and 24hour supermarkets for local shopping.

Don't believe any nonsense about gaining a high room the highest you will get is the 6th floor, the upper floors are let on long term leases.

Now the bad news the building work outside the the hotel can go on through the night and is noisy. The hotel in my opinion is not telling its potential customers about the work (there in no mention on the web site).

We booked through Virgin Holidays who informed us 2 weeks before our holiday of the building work.

There are numerous hotels in Manhattan to choose from, I would not be booking this hotel while the building work is still taking place. Did it spoil our 3 day break. No not really, but it leaves a bitter taste of being mislead. Why not be honest and inform its potential customers of the problem.

If your looking to stay in Manhattan then go for a hotel in Times Square or the Greenwich Village area.

Bottom line the hotel is misleading customers about hotel views and the building work. Book elsewhere or be prepared for the 6th floor at best and views of New Yorkers digging holes.

I have uploaded videos of the building work at [--]

• Liked — Clean and well equiped
  • Disliked — No Views and Building Work.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Marmara Manhattan Hotel? Share your experiences!