“Amazing Hotel/Apartment!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marmara Manhattan Hotel

Save Saved
You added Marmara Manhattan Hotel to your Saves list
Marmara Manhattan Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   301 East 94th Street, New York City, NY 10128 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #120 of 451 hotels in New York City
Ashland, Kentucky, United States
“Amazing Hotel/Apartment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have worked in NY over the past 6 mos and could not have been happier with the extraordinary service and accommodations of the Marmara. The staff are amazing, the decor is appealing, and the suite layout is perfect for a home away from home. I have felt very safe here as a female business traveller. There is not a single aspect of my visit that the staff could improve upon- everyone and everything has been fabulous! The Marmara sets the bar very high for luxury hotels!
JMallin

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
marmaramanhattan, Guest Relations Manager at Marmara Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We thank you from bottom of our hearts for your loyalty, it has been an Amazingly Extraordinary pleasure for us to serve you during your innumerable stays here with us at the Marmara. It was an distinct honor getting to know you, and we all wish you great success in your future endeavors. We want you to remember New York is not only a business destination, and exceedingly look forward to your next pleasure trip to hear all the good news. We thank you and carry a special place for you in our hearts at the Marmara..

499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Katoomba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here with my friend in 2009 for a week. The location is great with a short walk one block up and over to Lexington and onto the 6 subway line which is a fast train to Times Square. It is nice to see it is still receiving great reviews. The apartment was very comfortable, clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. With a great Italian Pizzeria across the road and in close proximity to a market, chemist and bottle shop it served all our needs.
There is a laundry an gym in the basement although the gym is was just a basement room with limited equipment. It was good to access a laundry for a week long stay.
We found our accomodation online at a great rate and were very pleased with this place. The cityscape is pretty at night and the one bedroom was very roomy with a pull out sofa bed. I would recommend the Marmara.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
It is a distinct honor you remember us so fondly after such a long time, your return visit is definitely overdue. The adage, there’s never a second chance to make a good first impression defiantly applies. Thank you for your review and keep the recommendations coming.

PS...We have updated our GYM and cannot wait till you try it...
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Marmara Manhattan has one the friendliest, most genuine, and current staff members I have encountered in Manhattan in the past 2 years. That will make you immediately feel welcomed upon arrival, taken care during your stay and safe in the city of sirens. It has the atmosphere of a luxury high rise with a comfortable lobby, complimentary internet access and space to lounge. The kitchens are very well equipped to prepare a full meal or simply to heat at convenience. Cleanliness is impeccable and all the rooms spacious,bright and boast incredible views of the city or river. Although it is perfect for families, it fits the needs of a business traveler looking for longer time stay. It has a very convenient location on the corner of 94th at second av.Public transportation abounds. The staff will extend on explaining the advantages of the area, including tips on transportation. A short 10 minute ride to Rockefeller Centre, a 10 minute walk to Madison Avenue, or 20 minute ride to Soho with the the choice of Metro, Bus or Taxi surround that neighborhood. Your choice of restaurants, supermarkets, pharmacies, delivery or pick are as plentiful as the culinary stories of the city. A suite at The Marmara, is a home in New York, and the staff are there to make of the home stay an experience. Safe, convenient, spacious, clean and accessible. Some construction on the subway line is going on along second av. at the moment. It is not permanent and it is not a major inconvenience. New York vibrates regardless of where you stay. An upper floor room is always more convenient. The elevators are fast and fashionable and coming in and out through the gardened lobby always a feast for the senses. Definitively recommend it if you are looking for a home feeling, safety, and value.

Room Tip: Upper floors have more extensive views, middle floors are still convenient, lower floors are good bu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We revel in your review of our staff, and take pride knowing you rate them among the top in Manhattan. Cleanliness, safety and genuine friendly service is our goal to keep you returning for many years to come. The virtue of our apartment style living whether on business or pleasure truly abounds here with us, as does (as you pointed out) transportation choices. We are honored you will recommend us and look forward to offering you the same great service, when you want that homey feeling on your return to our great city.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

When I come back home to NY I like to stay in residential neighborhoods in something that doesn't feel like a hotel. This mix use luxury apartment/hotel is my preference. Two blocks from the subway at 96th street and eight blocks away from the subway on 86th street it's perfect. having grown up a few blocks away on the upper east side fits my lifestyle perfectly. Some may be disturbed by the construction of the 2nd Avenue subway line but me being a native New Yorker, my mindset is, that's just how it would be if I lived there on a daily basis, it comes with the territory.And it's going to take them years to complete it, so.... My advice for out-of-towners, stay on a higher floor to avoid the noise during the weekday. Though all apartments have not been fully renovated as of yet, if you're looking for a clean, comfortable residence like atmosphere, with lots of restaurants and bars outside your door (or supermarket/grocery stores) should you choose to cook your own phone this is a good choice. Central Park is a quick bus ride - catch it either on 86 or 96 street. The Guggenheim Museum is right on 5th Avenue. Or if you're like me - walk - it's only five nice blocks west - but the bus will take you through the park and over to the west side - the Natural History Museum is on the Westside. The staff is friendly and feels like family. Remember it's a resident/hotel so there are no restaurants or room service available on the premises. But you shouldn't care if you're looking for a setting that feels like home. Especially for long term stays. If you want all the bells and whistles of a four/five star HOTEL then stay in a HOTEL - it you want an apartment -these are a good bet. Will be back there again in June. Happy travels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
“There’s no place like home…” we are delighted you so enjoy our emerald city! Thank you for mentioning what ”comes with the territory”, the short walk to the world renowned museums and to our enviable “backyard” Central Park. High praise indeed if transplanted natives return and claim our “residential neighborhood” as their destination in New York. We are eager to see you back home in June and rest assured our Room Service is offered by innumerable UES restaurants eager to offer up their specialty
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Marmara for a couple of days due to some medical tests at Mount Sinai Hospital. Originally, I had selected it due to proximity to the hospital, so I could walk, but injured my knee which prevented me from walking much. A taxi to the medical center was between $5 - $ 7.50. While there is subway construction happening on 2nd Ave, I wasn't affected by any construction noise at any point during my stay. You do hear traffic, but it IS NYC.

The staff were all so friendly and approachable, which I really appreciated. Super friendly, they all went out of their way to make me comfortable. Dennis the concierge is great. All the doormen I encountered were incredibly helpful. One even went outside, in the snow and acorss the street to hail me a taxi. I arrived late, and upon check in was advised there is a 24 hour deli across the street, and a pizzaria open until 3am.

I will be travelling back to NYC several times over the next couple of years, and do plan on staying at the Marmara again. The rooms are a little dated, with older appliances, and little decor/color paint, but the room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. HDTV's in the rooms. The windows open.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
marmaramanhattan, Guest Relations Manager at Marmara Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
It is a great pleasure to receive reviews that start out “clean, spacious and excellent staff”. Much thanks for the praise of our dedicated Doormen, going the extra step to ensure your comfort, on an uncomfortable day. Your most profound statement “IT IS NYC” with all its opportunities, around the clock happenings, and on occasion the decimal level, impressively adds to the excitement.
Okemos, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I picked this hotel mostly because I wanted to visit museums on Fifth Avenue and it was a short ride away, it was crosstown from family, and it offered more space than a typical hotel, the price was reasonable for New York and for what you typically get. I had an apartment, in effect, and never felt crowded. The staff was excellent, helpful, cheery. Can't commend them highly enough.

There are some downsides. It's on Second Avenue, where there is massive, noisy construction on a subway line. Even at night, that can be an issue because of the sound of cars going over the metal plates covering the street. I'd recommend asking for a room very high up.

Also, because it was a building of condos that's been re-purposed as a hotel, it has oddities: like a bathroom light switch in my apartment not much more than two feet from the ground, or a tiny toilet not designed for an adult man, and a mirror right opposite the commode (!). The water from the sink in the bathroom and the full kitchen smelled weird, so I used bottled water for the coffee maker (which sadly just had generic Maxwell House). There are scuff marks and signs of wear on walls and furniture, and the platform bed was positioned so that when I didn't fully close the bedroom closet door, I kept banging my shins.

Overall, I was pleased, but I'm not entirely sure I'd pick it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors both for a view and to be above the noise of a very busy street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Our location is universally praised for the proximity to fifth avenue “Museum Mile”, what a treasure. I will personally pass on your high commendations to our “cheery” staff. We are grateful for your helpful appraisal and your thoughtful insights for our continued improvement. With the completion, nearing day by day, of the extraordinary opportunity the second avenue Subway offers us, the sky is the limit. We sincerely do hope to see you back in the very near future.
Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was in New York for some appointments at Mt Sinai Hospital, which is about 8 blocks away, not a bad walk. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. The hotel has Suites with full kitchens, living room with a sleeper sofa, that is actually quite comfortable, which is where I slept. My brother had the bedroom which was spacious. Great amenities in the bath. There are great restaurants in the area. We walked over to the Guggenheim Museum and Central Park also within walking distance. The only negative I have to say has nothing to do with the hotel, but there is subway construction directly out in front of the hotel. Once that is finished all will be wonderful! I will be going back a few times and will stay there every visit to NY.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are always delighted to meet new friends here at the Marmara, and your unbelievable promise to stay with us every visit to New York, unimaginable.
Thank you for pointing out how convenient our Upper East Side location truly is, only minutes away from unparalleled dining, unprecedented museums, and unforgettable Central Park. We are truly thankful for your review.

Been to Marmara Manhattan Hotel? Share your experiences!