Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights from 3 January 2015 with my two children. From the moment, we walked into this hotel we were greeted by friendly welcoming staff. We had stayed in the Hotel Metro (opposite) in December 2013 and their staff were miserable and un-welcoming. We did not have to leave a security deposit for our stay at Hotel 35, which was fantastic as I do not have a credit card! We were allocated room 806, which was lovely and clean, nicely decorated and the beds were lovely and comfy. The room was in similar style to the one at the Hotel Metro, but the Hotel 35's bathroom was nicer! There was lots of wardrobe space and a free safe. The TV was a nice size, but did not have many channels (a similar amount to the Hotel Metro).
The only disappointment at this hotel was the breakfast was not very nice. The one at the Hotel Metro was much better and had a nicer assortment of food. There were also no tea or coffee in the room or in the hotel lobby. There was a nicer big fridge in the room though.
The heating in our room was fine. There was access to an adjoining room for larger families, but we found this made the room slightly noisy as you could hear the TV and the people next door chatting. However, this was the only noise we could hear and was nothing compared to the noise from the vents from the Hotel Metro when we stayed there. We had no problems with the lifts, even when one was out of order for a short time.
Every time we entered or left the hotel, we were greeted with hello or goodbye from the staff, including the lovely Matthew! He was so helpful. All the staff were 200% more helpful and welcoming than those at the Hotel Metro. The housekeeping and maintanence staff were so friendly too! A holiday is meant to be happy and the staff made sure if we needed help or assistance we got it and were so nice at all times
The building this hotel is in has loads of character and some gorgeous features. If the owners, re-decorated the lobby, reception and lift areas. Added its own breakfast area, included all day coffee/tea facilities and up graded its breakfast - it should get better reviews than the Hotel Metro does! I would definitely stay at this hotel again! Thank you to all the staff in this hotel and I hope to visit again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This New York City hotel offers the ambiance of a small European hotel. Superior amenities and features include free breakfast with hot waffles, free coffee and free weekday newspaper.Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free wireless high-speed Internet access in all rooms and access to fax services.All spacious guest rooms have irons, ironing boards, voice mail, safes, hair dryers and cable television. In addition, many rooms come equipped with sofa sleepers, microwaves and refrigerators. This hotel is a non-smoking facility.Accessibility and value are just two of the many reasons to select the Hotel 35 Herald Square. Our guests will experience personalized service from our attentive and friendly staff. Hotel 35 Herald Square is affordably elegant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Groupon, Despegar.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel 35 Herald Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn New York City
- New York City Comfort Inn