I stayed in this hostel on Amsterdam Avenue with 7 friends. The rooms a very packed and not too big. However in the hostel are common places where you can relax with your friends or meet new ones. One of the best things about this hostel is it's location. Without 5 minutes walking distance you find 2 different metro stations (with different lines). With a 5-7 minute walk you are in Central Park! It is located on the upper west side. Times Square is a 20-30 minutes away as well Harlem. The staff of the hostel was friendly. The helped us to store our luggage since we arrived really early. Since they stored it we could head into the city and check in for our room later that night. Compared to other hostels in the world it is definitely not cheap, however nothing in NYC is cheap and this is definitely one of your best options to go with if you don't want to spend over $200 for a night in hotel room.
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International - New York Hotel New York City
- Hostelling International - New York Hotel
- Hostelling International New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Foreigners and out-of-towners meet and discuss travel plans in this large hostel. Largest hostel in the United States. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, HostelBookers and Priceline so you can book your Hostelling International - New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.