One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, fantastically equipped, friendly and cheap. Although being quite far up the Upper West side, there are two central subway lines 2/3 blocks away that take you right into the heart of Manhattan. The hostel is spacious and the staff are very friendly. The living room area is welcoming with lots of sofas and a pool table, the outside area is inviting, especially in the early evenings when there are lots of people around. The dorms are all that you would expect from a hostel, bunk beds in rows, but each bed is provided with a locker large enough to put a rucksack in (remember to take a padlock!). The toilets and showers were clean but we sometimes had to wait for showers at busier times of the day. The hostel run lots of great activities to get involved in (bar crawls, club nights, tours), that were all great for a group of girls who didn't know the city! Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone travelling or backpacking through New York!
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International - New York Hotel
- Hostelling International - New York Hotel New York City
- Hostelling International New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Foreigners and out-of-towners meet and discuss travel plans in this large hostel. Largest hostel in the United States. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Priceline so you can book your Hostelling International - New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.