The HI-New York Hostel is quite a good deal, considering the very high cost of living in the Big Apple. I paid $50 per night, which bought me a bottom bunk bed in a room with three bunk beds for a total of 6 gentlemen. And the room was spacious enough to feel not at all crowded. The room charge also included a continental breakfast (cereal with milk, hot chocolate and a banana). A towel and shower slippers (flip-flops) was part of the deal.
The room was clean, well lit and had a few outlets for charging batteries. There was also one medium-size locker for each guest. Free WiFi was available from anywhere within the hostel.
In the hostel lobby, I found a reception desk, an information desk, and a very nice selection of bakery items at reasonable prices. There was a large TV lounge as well as another lounge called The New York Room.
I heartily recommend this hostel which is large, but offers so many activities which would apply to many guests, young and elderly.
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International - New York Hotel New York City
- Hostelling International - New York Hotel
- Hostelling International New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Foreigners and out-of-towners meet and discuss travel plans in this large hostel. Largest hostel in the United States. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Hostelling International - New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.