“Great little hotel in a great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Seton Hotel to your Saves list
Seton Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   144 East 40th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% off Advanced Booking
Ranked #147 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Ottawa, Canada
“Great little hotel in a great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here from Dec 20-23 2012, and were very impressed by this hotel. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly, our room was clean and quite spacious for NYC, the bathroom was clean and well stocked, and the location was perfect for walking to Times Square and other attractions.
This hotel was so comfortable and friendly that we felt quite comfortable leaving our laptop and ipods etc out, even though there is no room safe (we placed our passports in safety deposit at front desk).
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family, and I would definitely stay here again myself!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I will never book a room again with this hotel given their canellation policy. They refused to refund after I called over 24 hours in advance and told them about a medical emergency involving my toddler. I accept that their cancellation policy is 48 hours but I have never encountered a business refusing to make an exception for a child's health reason. Bad policy, Seton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
leslee60, Owner at Seton Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
I am so sorry that your child was too ill to make the trip to New York. We do our best to create policies that provide flexibility for our guests. Generally speaking our cancellation policy is consistent with the industry.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a small impromptu Army buddy reunion. Everything about the Seton Hotel is excellent..the staff, the rooms and of course, location, location, location! I will be returning for a getaway with my husband.

• Stayed January 2013
Riverhead, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Great location for my annual Christmas visit to the city with my family. The room was nicely decorated and very quiet. The linens and towels were pleasantly fresh and the floors immaculate.
Overall enjoyable stay, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hi there,
My girlfriend and I stayed at the Seton Hotel from the 30th of November to the 8th of December and then again from the 10th - 14th after a two night stint in D.C. We had a comfortable stay at the Seton and loved the locality...2 blocks from Grand Central Station and 42nd St Sub-way, a few blocks walk from beautiful Bryant Park and 5th Ave and the magnificent Chrysler Building.
Firstly we stayed in an unrenovated room with a private bathroom on the ground floor...Room 110 I believe which was nice and comfortable and when we arrived back from D.C. we stayed on the 3rd floor (311 from memory) in a renovated room. The renovated room was actually slightly smaller than the unrenovated room downstairs but the bathroom was larger and much nicer. The bed kept knocking the wall with the slightest of movement which was a little annoying but all in all we were comfortable. The service was excellent, including the front desk. The Irish guy was a little rude but everyone was very helpful....particularly the gentelman with glasses and the brunette lady at the front desk...they were really great. I actually ran into the owner when we checked-out and thanked her also. Free Tea/Coffee and little TV lounge were a nice addition.
We had a comfortable stay and the Hotel is a great launching pad from which to explore New York City.
All the best from Australia.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
leslee60, Owner at Seton Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. Letting us know that the headboard in 311 needs attention is very helpful. We will figure out a way to secure the headboard so that future guests will not be disturbed. Any time you have a problem consider letting us know during your stay and so that we can rectify the situation as soon as posible.
Saint James, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have stayed at many reasonably priced hotels in Manhattan. Normally they have at least one negative aspect; whether it be poor location or extremely small rooms. The Seton Hotel has a great location provides great service. Overall, the hotel is very clean, well maintained, and nicely decorated, making for a very comfortable stay. It is walking distance to beautiful Bryant Park, a cozy little diner right up the block where we had breakfast, and Grand Central Station. I highly recommend it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ulverston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

A friend and I stayed for a week at The Seton. We went on the basis of another friends recommendation. It was fabulous. The advice I got - pay extra and just book a renovated room. So we did and it is more than worth it. We had a double twin room with bathroom - room 609 and it was lovely. Spacious, clean, hot showers and quiet for a good night sleep! The staff were fantastic, lovely little touches of free apples every day, room cleaned and beds made - everything was spotless. I would recommend - and will recommend - it to anyone! Excellent vlaue for money and in a fantastic location in midtown - local restaurant - Blooms - did a cracking breakfast with great service too. I literally cannot praise it enough.

Room Tip: Room 609 was lovely - pay extra for a renovated room!!