“Great location...will definitely stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Seton Hotel to your Saves list
Expedia.com Booking.com
Seton Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   144 East 40th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% off Advanced Booking
Ranked #125 of 447 hotels in New York City
“Great location...will definitely stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a small impromptu Army buddy reunion. Everything about the Seton Hotel is excellent..the staff, the rooms and of course, location, location, location! I will be returning for a getaway with my husband.

• Stayed January 2013

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Riverhead, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Great location for my annual Christmas visit to the city with my family. The room was nicely decorated and very quiet. The linens and towels were pleasantly fresh and the floors immaculate.
Overall enjoyable stay, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hi there,
My girlfriend and I stayed at the Seton Hotel from the 30th of November to the 8th of December and then again from the 10th - 14th after a two night stint in D.C. We had a comfortable stay at the Seton and loved the locality...2 blocks from Grand Central Station and 42nd St Sub-way, a few blocks walk from beautiful Bryant Park and 5th Ave and the magnificent Chrysler Building.
Firstly we stayed in an unrenovated room with a private bathroom on the ground floor...Room 110 I believe which was nice and comfortable and when we arrived back from D.C. we stayed on the 3rd floor (311 from memory) in a renovated room. The renovated room was actually slightly smaller than the unrenovated room downstairs but the bathroom was larger and much nicer. The bed kept knocking the wall with the slightest of movement which was a little annoying but all in all we were comfortable. The service was excellent, including the front desk. The Irish guy was a little rude but everyone was very helpful....particularly the gentelman with glasses and the brunette lady at the front desk...they were really great. I actually ran into the owner when we checked-out and thanked her also. Free Tea/Coffee and little TV lounge were a nice addition.
We had a comfortable stay and the Hotel is a great launching pad from which to explore New York City.
All the best from Australia.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
leslee60, Owner at Seton Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. Letting us know that the headboard in 311 needs attention is very helpful. We will figure out a way to secure the headboard so that future guests will not be disturbed. Any time you have a problem consider letting us know during your stay and so that we can rectify the situation as soon as posible.
Saint James, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have stayed at many reasonably priced hotels in Manhattan. Normally they have at least one negative aspect; whether it be poor location or extremely small rooms. The Seton Hotel has a great location provides great service. Overall, the hotel is very clean, well maintained, and nicely decorated, making for a very comfortable stay. It is walking distance to beautiful Bryant Park, a cozy little diner right up the block where we had breakfast, and Grand Central Station. I highly recommend it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ulverston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

A friend and I stayed for a week at The Seton. We went on the basis of another friends recommendation. It was fabulous. The advice I got - pay extra and just book a renovated room. So we did and it is more than worth it. We had a double twin room with bathroom - room 609 and it was lovely. Spacious, clean, hot showers and quiet for a good night sleep! The staff were fantastic, lovely little touches of free apples every day, room cleaned and beds made - everything was spotless. I would recommend - and will recommend - it to anyone! Excellent vlaue for money and in a fantastic location in midtown - local restaurant - Blooms - did a cracking breakfast with great service too. I literally cannot praise it enough.

Room Tip: Room 609 was lovely - pay extra for a renovated room!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was a bit nervous about staying at the hotel considering a couple of mixed reviews and having a "shared bathroom". However, we were completely happy and satisfied with the outcome. We arrived a few hours earlier with the plan to just leave our bags until check-in time, but we were actually able to check in a few hours earlier! The hotel is very nice and modern. As mentioned on other reviews, it is renovated. The staff was very nice and friendly. The hotel room was pretty small (one double bed), but it had just enough space for the two of us. It had a flat screen tv, an ipod dock, a closet, and a personal sink. I personally found it very cute, cozy, clean, and comfortable. It was perfect. As for the bathroom situation, there was no issue with that at all. I actually even wondered if we were really sharing the bathroom as we never came accross anyone else using it. It was personal, clean, and just a few steps down the hall from out room. The hotel is also only 2-3 blocks away from Grand Central, and very close to everything! You have bar two doors down, a chase, starbucks, dunkin donuts, and many other restaurants/delis down the block. Overall, we were completely happy and satisfied with the Seton Hotel. We would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone. Totally worth the price!! :D

Room Tip: Do not worry about shared bathroom rooms. It is as if it was in your room, just a few steps down fro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

A friend and I booked a renovated two double bed room with en suite for a 3-night Christmas in New York trip. We almost relocated our trip to Chicago due to the exorbitant hotel rates in Manhattan. Fortunately, we found The Seton Hotel on TripAdvisor and booked. What a great hotel with great rates! The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was on the fourth floor. We faced the back and still had some traffic noise but not enough to keep me awake. The hotel has one small funky/fun old style elevator. We never had to wait very long for it and I liked the character. Our room was also directly across from the elevator and once in a while I could hear the door and people coming and going. This didn't keep me awake either. The room was just the right size for the two of us. It was neatly decorated and clean. The bathroom was new, clean and stocked with nice little toiletries (a hair dryer was in the closet in the room). And, the location was fabulous. Our focus was Midtown and we easily walked everywhere. Though, one day we went downtown using the subway and the proximity to Grand Central was helpful. I even liked the free machine coffee/espresso that was available off the lobby 24/7. My only gripe is that there should be another mirror in the room, perhaps a full length one, instead of just one in the bathroom. (Women traveling together will appreciate this!) if I have the pleasure of returning to NYC anytime in the near future, I will definitely return to the Seton Hotel. I hope they are able to stay affordable and keep up the good job.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Seton Hotel? Share your experiences!