“Short and sweet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #365 of 464 Hotels in New York City
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Short and sweet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here on a budget for 4 nights of a 7 night trip then switched to something a little more upscale.

What it lacks in character and charm it makes up for in its warm staff ( thank you Zachariah ), it's total cleanliness, super soft beds and pillows, and room specific climate control. They preferred to keep my room at 62 degrees which is a bit cold for me, but during a hot NYC summer ( 108 degree days ) I'll suffer the cool air Plus it's location is unbeatable if you're in NYC to see the sights.

I would DEFINITELY consider staying again.

Ps. At the end of my week I preferred this to the slightly more upscale hotel I stayed the rest of my trip in.

Stayed July 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Even when on a budget I try and avoid hotels with shared bathrooms as that's just not my thing. After reading the positive reviews and staying here I was very pleased I took the leap of faith. Small but comfortable rooms with modern non-creaky basic amenities (TV, Aicon, sink). The common areas and bathrooms are spotlessly clean and the ratio of bathrooms to rooms is adequate. For the price and location in the heart of Manhattan, I would definitely stay here again. Tip: Book via their own website rather than a aggregator to get a better price

• Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was attending an event being held at the Jacob Javits Convention Center so this budget hotel was an easy 15 minute walk away. The staff were helpful, my room was exceptionally clean (I had a single room with a full-sized bed, sink/mirror, cable TV, dresser and closet.) The bathroom with a sink, shower,and tub was directly across the hall. It is a secure building requiring you to buzz the front desk which is manned 24 hours a day. The front desk and lobby are actually on the 2nd floor so you had to climb 1 flight of stairs to get there, or you could take the elevator which is on the 1st floor, but you had to go down several stairs to get to it.

The location relative to other attractions was fantastic: Bryant Park ,the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, Time Square, The New York Public Library, Penn Station, Grand Central Terminal and shopping were all within walking distance. There were restaurants galore everywhere you turned. The 34th Street Subway station was nearby.

My only complaint, and it is a minor one, is that I could easily hear the buzzer at the front desk from my room. (My room was just around the corner from the front desk) Next time I will request a room on another floor, if possible. Other than that I was very pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on any floor but the 2nd floor (the lobby is on the 2nd floor.)
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is walking distance to major attractions, Time Square is 5mins walk, Rockefeller Centre, Grand Central is around 20mins walk. There are nice restaurants near by, subway stops and so on.

The rooms are small but comfortable. They have daily maid service, which is great. Shared bathrooms are clean, and there are a few of them on a floor making them easily accessible.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pretty much exactly as advertised. Pretty close to time square. Overall I am satisfied with my experience. The staff was helpful and the allowed me to store my bag before I checked in. The shared bathroom was kept pretty clean as well. Good deal overall.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in February and everything was very good. Location, staff and room. We had booked the wrong room with a double bed and they quickly changes so that we got two separate beds. Super central. Rooms are simple and small- but most likely like all NY rooms, but still with everything you need.

Remember- this is a cheap place, not a 5 star hotel, so my review relates to that you get what you pay for. And for that, perfect!

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Easthampton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The desk clerk didn't gave our reservations, but fortunately we brought our confirmation paperwork.

After checking in and going to the room we discovered that there was no private bathroom; there were a couple of shared bathrooms in the hallway. There was a sink in the room. (For $260 it's not unreasonable to expect a private bath?)

To be fair, the hallway bathrooms were clean, and the rooms were clean and neat as well.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends