“Perfect location, cheap price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americana Inn

Save Saved
You added Americana Inn to your Saves list
Americana Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   69 West 38th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Garment District)   |
Ranked #354 of 449 hotels in New York City
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect location, cheap price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I spent hours trying to find a good cheap place to stay in NY. There were 2 of us and we didn't really care where we stayed as long as the location was good. We could not have been happier! This place worked out cheaper than most of the hostels and was in the perfect location, literally around the corner from Times Square. The rooms had there own basin and mirror and were an ok size. The double bed was quite cosy but was comfortable. It is shared bathrooms but not once did I have to wait for the shower or the toilet. If you want somewhere cheap, right in the middle of the action, and still perfectly comfortable then this place could not be better.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

545 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights in June with my brother.

Considering the cheap rate we were very pleased with the hotel. We had a room with 2 single beds that was near the corner of the block - closest to 6th Avenue. We were able to use the free wifi from the cafe down on the corner from our room which was a bonus.
TV worked fine. Air con was a bit loud but it didn't bother us. We had a bathroom right next door and I didn't have to wait to use it once during my 8 day stay. The front desk staff were lovely and the desk manned 24 hours a day. They were helpful and able to answer many of our questions.

Remember this is a very basic accomadation and you cannot expect it to be at teh standards of a 4 star hotel. Its not and its not trying to be.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

You want to be in the middle of everything and not spend a lot of money? this is your place. Be aware rooms are small and bathrooms are shared. For me it was perfect, I just needed a place to sleep and take a nice shower, the rest of the day (and some of the night) I was visiting all the wonderful places this city has. Meeting my sister who was there for business (she lives in Spain & I live in Florida) for few days. Again had a wonderful time, didn't have much expectations, but as I said I just needed a clean place to sleep and get a shower. Everything was great, at least for me :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is the worst place i have ever stayed in NYC. Imagine just arriving in New York (you haven't even had the time to figure out that you need a cell phone), the only phone in the lobby is broken, nothing works in this hotel by the way (no TV, the AC is so noisy you forget about it, no telephone, etc.) and these people UNBELIEVABLE! were incapable not only of letting you use their phone but even of dialing a taxi number or a local number for you! I have never seen something like it. The person who works the morning shift, anything can happen, he doesn't care, he does his job and that's it. At least in the evening there are a couple of employees who care about the customer's concerns. Not to mention that almost everyone realizes that the bathrooms are shared when it is too late. They say it is mentioned in the hotel listing. Apparently nobody sees it. I stayed one night because couldn't do otherwise.

Room Tip: Stay if you cannot do otherwise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Hull UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Clean, tidy, central and inexpensive, what more can you ask. No ensuites, but so many 'restrooms' it does not matter try it. Remember NYC is noisy and so is their air conditioning. Rooms are on the small size, but who cares

Room Tip: Go as high as possible
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oak Hill VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This Hotel is the WORST Hotel aI have even been in my life! I booked via Hotels.com for $120 but when I checked in they refused to honor the price by Hotels.com and Charge me $140 a night. We did not have TV service for 3 nights in addition to no Wifi, no private bathroom and horrible front desk staff. The windows and blinds were broken and the noise from the street was so loud we did not sleep well for 3 nights! We tried to move to a different hotel but everything was booked. We were also locked out of the front door of the hotel because there was no one at the friont desk for 10 minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Americana Inn? Share your experiences!