“Great Location...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 452 hotels in New York City
new delhi
“Great Location...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed herewith our 2 kids in April 2014, staff was warm and friendly. Very clean Rooms, comfortable beds. Room had microwave which was very useful. Hotel offers free tea coffee in the morning. Very centrally located. Lot of food joints and shopping options in the area, subway station is almost next door. 5th avenue is very close-by. Times Square is few blocks away and walkable. Good room size, clean bathrooms.

For Indian Vegetarian travelers, there are many cafés in this area.

Will definitely come back and stay here..

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
AKwon, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York West 35th, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear yash j,

Thank you for the excellent review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It also brings me great joy to hear that your room was clean and the two double beds were comfortable to your satisfaction. In addition, I am glad that you enjoyed our central location in Manhattan which was close to all your shopping and dining activities.

We take great pride in providing a perfect FIVE STARS stay to every guest and I am elated that we were able to achieve that with you.

Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

2,794 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times and have found it to be consistently good. Rooms are good-sized for Manhattan and prices are usually significantly less than hotels at 42nd and above. It's about 50ft away from the Herald Square subway station that gives easy access to Times Square, Wall Street, upper West Side, and Lexington/53rd on the east side. It's less than a 10 minute walk to Penn Station for access to many other locations, including the train to JFK. Staff are efficient and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bill N,

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure to have you back with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location as it was easily accessible to your travel needs. I am happy to hear that our team was efficient to your needs and the room was clean to your satisfaction.

We strive to provide a perfect FIVE STARS experience for every guest and I am thrilled that we were able to achieve that with you. We understand that you have a choice when travelling and we thank you for choosing us as your home away from home.

Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to Manhattan, as I will will personally ensure that you stay will be perfect as your last. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I travel nearly 200 nights a year, am a Diamond HHonors member, and I rarely write reviews. But, this hotel was perfectly located, clean room, and the suite on the 31st floor was large by NYC standards. Also important was the prompt, friendly, and helpful customer service. Specifically, Elan Bielski, the Guest Services Manager, went above and beyond to assist me in getting HHonors credit for a promotion that the HHonors Diamond line failed to address accordingly.

Elan's customer service combined with the property amenities and location makes it well worth the nightly room rate. Also, make sure to enjoy the complimentary breakfast for elite HHonors members.

Room Tip: The 31st floor is the top floor and quiet. You can also get an amazing view of the Empire State Bldg...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
AKwon, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York West 35th, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear M A K ,

Thank you for the amazing review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our suite and the location of our hotel. It is also a pleasure to hear that our team was able to provide you with helpful and attentive service, particularly, Elan who was able to assist you in getting your HHonors credit for the promotion in which you booked. Thank you for your generous feedback and I will certainly pass along your praise to him.

We take great pride in providing outstanding service for our guests and I am thrilled to hear that we were able to achieve that with you. We understand that you have a choice when travelling and we thank you for choosing us when visiting New York City.

Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect as your last. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip to NYC and it was perfect. This has been probably y 4th or 5th time I've stayed there over the last 5-6 years and it continues to be a clean, well run hotel with fantastic service.

It is located in a perfect location in NYC , with the subway right outside the door. So whether you are there for business or for a holiday, its in a great spot.

Rooms are all clean and uptodate and wifi worked fine. Service was personable and friendly.

I highly recommend this hotel, and will continue to return.

Room Tip: For the best tourist effect, ask for a south room facing the empire state building
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear UKD03,

Thank you for the fantastic review! It is a pleasure to have you back with us. It is great to hear that your room was clean and that our team was able to provide you with exceptional service once again. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and I will pass along your kind words to our team.

We take great pride in providing a perfect FIVE STARS experience with every guest and I am delighted that we were able to achieve that with you.

Please reach out to me directly when you return to New York City, as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect again. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Our stay at the Hilton Gardens: Outstanding customer service... Prompt with requests.... Highly recommend this hotel along with it's location being in view of Macy's! The manager, Élan, was a pleasure to work with.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Judy Z,

Thank you for the outstanding review! It was a pleasure having you with us and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay during Mother's Day weekend. In addition, I am delighted to hear that our team was helpful and attentive to all your needs. Thank you for your gracious words about our team, particularly, Elan who made your stay memorable. I will certainly pass along your praise to him.

We understand that you have a choice when travelling and we thank you for choosing us when you visit Manhattan. Our goal is to provide a perfect FIVE STARS experience for every guest, and I am elated that we were able to achieve that with you.

Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to Manhattan as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The Hotel was nice and location was great. Quite expensive but I guess that's NYC.
Just wanted to put in a good word for Dwayne, the concierge who helped my wife and I order a birthday cake for my brother from Crumbs bakery. He was very helpful and very nice.

Pillows could be a little better. They're too soft.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear philfourthirteen,

Thank you for the review! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also thrilled to hear that our Concierge, Dwayne, was able to help your wife order a birthday cake for your brother. I hope the birthday celebration went well while you were in NYC. I will pass along your generous words to him.

Our goal is to provide exceptional service to each guest and a perfect FIVE STARS stay. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to NYC as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hilton Garden Inn New York / West 35th Street
Jacksonville,Fl., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I'm not sure of nyc rating system. By some "experts" this hotel was only given a 2 or 3 star ranking. Boy were they WRONG. I would stay there despite the number of hotels in the area. Everything was superb!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

AKwon, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York West 35th, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Julian M,

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure having you with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a perfect FIVE STAR stay. We take great pride in providing a perfect experience and I am happy that we were able to achieve that with you.

We sincerely appreciate your wonderful feedback and thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. Please reach out to me directly should your travels return to New York City as I will personally ensure that your stay will be perfect again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York West 35th? Share your experiences!