“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Jan - Apr 2015 Sale!
Ranked #62 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights this weekend. The service was excellent. The room fit our needs perfectly. The property is exceptionally well updated and maintained. And the location is hard to beat. We were steps away from the Empire State Building, Times Square, & the 7 line to get out to citi field for a mets game. Despite all that, it was fantastically quiet. We also enjoyed a great buffet breakfast, which is the only thing not included - they do include a lot for your stay, such as wifi. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2013
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York West 35th, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to hear that we offered you nothing less than a 5 star stay!!!
We appreciate that you noticed our outstanding service, the cleanliness of our product and our favorable location. Your comments are very much appreciated. Please know that it will be shared with my staff.
Hilton Garden Inn / West 35th Street

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Helotes, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Returned to the Big Apple to see the old neighborhood, visit friends and celebrate our anniversary so we decided to use points and stay in Manhattan. We were very glad we did. The hotel is new, clean, comfortable, attractive, convenient and the staff is terrific. We were right across the street for the Empire State Building, what an amazing picture that was. Macy's 34 was across the street, a subway entrance just steps to the right outside the door. Times Square a short walk around the corner. The rooms were tastefully furnished but the rooms could have been 12 inches wider. Four people in the room would not work for me. That is the only con I can say for the hotel. The bathrooms are very nice and there is a microwave and refrigerator in each room. The business center is well stocked with paper, pens, sticky note pads, fast color printers. There is a restaurant and bar in the hotel that we did to use. In the evening they put out cookies and a cool refreshing beverage. The hotel is located on crosstown street so the traffic noise in minimal. There is no onsite guest laundry. On checking in a young lady approached the desk in obvious despair, she had lost her wedding ring. George the gentleman on duty at the desk told her someone had turned it in and he went to the office to fetch it for her. How wonderful that there still are honest caring people in this world! The person who found it did not give his/her name as the lady wanted to reward him. I am not a gemologist but the ring appeared to be worth some fair amount of money.

Room Tip: Try to avoid room numbers ending in 08 if it is below the 12th floor as they are located above the s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review.
I am delighted to hear that we offered you nothing less than a 5 star stay!!!
Orange Beach Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel is a little ways to Times Square so it is quiet but easy to get anywhere you want to go. The service was excellent.The staff at the Garden Inns are so friendly and accommodating. I use to use higher end Hilton s but have come to love the Garden Inn. This didn't disappoint. I could see the Empire State Building and Macy's from my window. Breakfast was very good and they had hot chocolate in the evening which we need because it was freezing. The beds were not as soft as I like but that is me

Room Tip: Ask for city views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ellington, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is ridiculously close to Macys, the world's largest store, as well as the Empire State building. I asked for a street view and early check-in. were very accommodating in both areas. I was told they only had a "small room" available with a king size bed at the time I showed up. It wasn't really small, in my opinion.
Although I am a total Crumbs (yummy awesome cupcakes) fan. We grabbed a quick meal at Potbelly Sandwich Shop. I was not expecting it to be great. Not really a sandwich person. However? I was totally surprised at the drool-worthiness of their prepackaged oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!! My sandwich was quite good too! Definitely, for budget conscious people!
I was not familiar with Hilton's Garden Inns. I can honestly say, I was not disappointed! The hotel has large, clean, quality absorbent towels, nice white sheets and bedding and a real refrigerator! (mini-bar lovers can purchase items in the lobby) I usually bring natural fruit energy drinks and was more than happy to find ample cold space them. No fear of being charged crazy prices plus room for left overs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review.
I am glad you had an enjoyable stay.
Thank you again and my very best regards,
Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were very satisfied with our room and accommodations. The location couldn't be better. We were a mother and daughter and walked to Central Park, the Theater District, etc., and felt comfortable and safe. Staff was helpful and the bartender has a great personality.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York West 35th, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Our very best regards,
Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn has a fantastic location. There is a subway stop just steps from the front door. There is a pharmacy, restaurants, and a park all within walking distance. During our stay, we were surprised to find heavy construction, including jack-hammers, just outside the entrance because we didn't hear a thing! Our room was very clean, the bed comfy, and the staff was helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was there for a weekend and from the location to the cleanliness of the rooms everything was just perfect! The staff is very cordial and always willing to help. The buffet breakfast had infinite choices. Will come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York West 35th, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hilton Garden Inn / West 35th Street

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York West 35th? Share your experiences!