“Good Decision.....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 464 Hotels in New York City
barbados
“Good Decision.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I recently had to go the New York on business. As it has been a while since I was last in New York I spent some time looking for a hotel and I came across the Hilton Garden Inn on 35th Street. I finally decided to try this hotel because if other positive reviews, it was in the area of New York that I knew and it was part of a chain group of hotels and should have certain standards.
It was a late check-in and it was very quick. My room was on the third floor right across from the elevators. The room was small but so are most hotel rooms that I have stayed in while in NY. The was modern and clean. The bed was firm but yet very comfortable. Considering being on the lower floors and right by the elevators there was not an issue with the noise level and I had a very peaceful sleep.
Breakfast was served downstairs on a morning. The staff were friendly and the provided very good service. The selection of food was good from the buffet, which I think most guest had. You had a choice of bagels, toast, cereal, porridge, sausage, bacon, eggs (made by Richard), fruit, yogurt and pastries. The hotel did not serve dinner but they did offer room service which the food came from Brendan's Bar & Grill. I ordered room service three of the night that I stayed there and I had something different each night. All of the meals were great.
The staff were friendly and were always willing to give any information on directions etc. Should I have to return to NY I would certainly stay here again. Highly recommend this hotel on service, cleanliness and location. Taxis pass regular and are stationed outside, subway a few yards from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you kindly for your review. I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we delivered the friendly, attentive service that we are known for. Be kindly advised that your comments will be shared with the staff and know that comments such as yours propel us to become even better customer service providers.
I/we look forward to welcoming you back.
My very best regards,
Hilton Garden Inn / West 35th Street

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (727)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The rooms are not very clean. The phone didn't work. Room service drinks were not consumed - awful. The whole hotel had a terrible stench of bad air freshener smell. Service was very good. Great location - very central for walking thru different neighbourhoods.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and apologize for the issues you encountered with the presentation and amenities at our property. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction and we will use your comments as we work towards this goal. We are glad to hear you found our staff friendly and location convenient for your activities in the city and hope you will stay with us again and experience the quality hotel stay you deserve, should you return to New York in the future.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Hilton Garden Room, Christmas Eve through the day after Christmas. My daughter and I had a great room on the 29th floor. The city view was awesome. Everything was very clean and the beds were so comfortable. We were at the end of the hall and heard very little noise. We put our privacy sign out and slept until Noon without being disturbed. Our housekeeper was great and having the fridge and microwave was a definite help for leftovers! We had Room Service one evening and the burgers from the Grill across the street were the best we ever had! So good. When we go back for another broadway show, we will stay here. Absolutely perfect location to subway, shopping, Times Square and Theater. Very safe for walking, too. Was very pleased.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor with a view. Allergy free room with the cozy linens was so worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to hear that we offered you nothing less than a 5 star stay!!!
We appreciate that you noticed our outstanding service, the cleanliness of our product and our favorable location. Your comments are very much appreciated. Please know that it will be shared with my staff.
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Close to Penn station, just 2 blocks away, which makes it very easy to travel (12 USD each way) to Newark International Airport. Metro entrance just outside the hotel, making travelling within Manhattan efficient. Also very close to Macy’s and 5th Avenue.
Check-in and out efficient. Staff friendly and competent. Complimentary (fast) WIFI.
Ordered dinner twice via room service. Good quality of food.
Rooms are small but comfortable. Good shower and bed. Would definitely consider staying again here and recommend to friends, given good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review.
I am glad you had an enjoyable stay.
Thank you again and and we hope to see you soon.
My very best regards,
Montreal, QC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you want to be close to most attractions as well as an easy access to the whole city via subway and plenty of shops and restaurants around your hotel and not spend tons of money, the Hilton Garden Inn W 35th is the place to book!

Checked in around noon on Friday and didn't have any problems getting our 2 rooms. Staff at front desk was friendly and attentive.

Guest rooms are small but I guess standard for NYC. Didn't spend alot of time in there so that didn't bother us.. They seem to be well sound proofed as we didn't hear anything throughout our entire stay!

The best thing about this hotel is... you guessed it...: LOCATION!

So easy to get to all the attractions, restaurants, bars, etc...

Breakfast was delicious with plenty of options and courteous staff!

Parking is on 36th st, about 3 mins walk from the hotel.. 35$/24hrs . good price for the area..

Would book this hotel again for my next trip to NYC!

Room Tip: Get a corner room, they are bigger.. and ask for a room with a view of the ESB!
Chester, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during the NYC college unified auditions. My son had auditions in various parts of the city. This was the perfect location. The hotel is very, very nice. Spotless rooms with excellent housekeeping services. The halls are quiet at night and the doors do not slam shut, unlike the Holiday Inn on 57th we had stayed at a couple of weeks earlier. The beds are very comfortable. Check in was great. Breakfast at the restaurant was wonderful. The wait staff could not be more friendly! By the second morning, they knew exactly what we wanted and saw to our every need! I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to being a guest there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for the first time in February 2013. I booked a King room, and was allocated one on the 5th. floor of the hotel. I tried to check in a couple of hours early, but as the hotel was fully booked, I had to wait a couple of hours - not a problem in this location, as there are plenty of Irish bars inside a few minutes walk.
Upon checking in, I opted to use my HHonors Gold status to get complimentary breakfasts for my stay. I was issued a voucher for each day, and this represented a daily $16.95 saving. On this subject, the breakfast service offered tea, coffee and juices, cereals, waffles, bagels, pancakes, yoghurt, fresh fruit, and a selection of hot sausages, bacon, eggs, French toast etc. There is something for everyone! I was also given a bag containing two bottles of water, and a small cereal bar.
The hotel was built in 2009, and its recency shows. The room was extremely clean, and the en suite offered a shower cubicle with a glass partition and fixed shower head. Hair-drier was in a bag behind the door. Back in the bedroom, two large mirrors also increase the spacious feel. The wardrobe had plenty of wooden hangers, and a small complimentary digital safe (a little small for a laptop). Alongside this was a microwave, coffee peculator and fridge (not mini bar). Next was a good sized writing desk and a comfy chair. A suitcase stand was also provided. The room had an A/C unit which worked well, although was a little noisy. Two bedside tables held the phone, and the alarm clock. The bed itself had 4 lovely pillows, and was of the memory foam type. I found the bed and duvet to be very comfortable. The good sized TV provided a wealth of HD channels as well as pay view offerings. The 'killer app' was the ability to load my Android (iPhone also supported) phone with an application which explained the hotel and surrounding area, and could also control your room TV!
Aside of my room, I used the business centre (4 PCs and a colour printer), but didn't make the gym which was also on site. A small bar at the front, and a 24 hour pantry shop complete the amenities.
All the staff were very polite and friendly, and I had a very enjoyable stay.
If I had to make one criticism, it would be frequent long waits for the elevator, and no floor displays as to where they were on any floor except the Lobby.

Recommended.

Room Tip: Less street noise in the higher rooms - but that's obvious when in Manhattan!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We look forward to your future visit.
Our very best regards and thank you again for a great detailed description of our property, services, amenities and product!
Hilton Garden Inn / West 35th Street

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street? Share your experiences!