“Perfect location centrally in Midtown-Manhattan.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Weekend Sale!
Ranked #59 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Brussels, Belgium
“Perfect location centrally in Midtown-Manhattan.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Close to Penn station, just 2 blocks away, which makes it very easy to travel (12 USD each way) to Newark International Airport. Metro entrance just outside the hotel, making travelling within Manhattan efficient. Also very close to Macy’s and 5th Avenue.
Check-in and out efficient. Staff friendly and competent. Complimentary (fast) WIFI.
Ordered dinner twice via room service. Good quality of food.
Rooms are small but comfortable. Good shower and bed. Would definitely consider staying again here and recommend to friends, given good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your review.
I am glad you had an enjoyable stay.
Thank you again and and we hope to see you soon.
My very best regards,
Hilton Garden Inn / West 35th Street

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (761)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, QC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you want to be close to most attractions as well as an easy access to the whole city via subway and plenty of shops and restaurants around your hotel and not spend tons of money, the Hilton Garden Inn W 35th is the place to book!

Checked in around noon on Friday and didn't have any problems getting our 2 rooms. Staff at front desk was friendly and attentive.

Guest rooms are small but I guess standard for NYC. Didn't spend alot of time in there so that didn't bother us.. They seem to be well sound proofed as we didn't hear anything throughout our entire stay!

The best thing about this hotel is... you guessed it...: LOCATION!

So easy to get to all the attractions, restaurants, bars, etc...

Breakfast was delicious with plenty of options and courteous staff!

Parking is on 36th st, about 3 mins walk from the hotel.. 35$/24hrs . good price for the area..

Would book this hotel again for my next trip to NYC!

Room Tip: Get a corner room, they are bigger.. and ask for a room with a view of the ESB!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to hear that we offered you nothing less than a 5 star stay!!!
We appreciate that you noticed our outstanding service, the cleanliness of our product and our favorable location. Your comments are very much appreciated. Please know that it will be shared with my staff.
Chester, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during the NYC college unified auditions. My son had auditions in various parts of the city. This was the perfect location. The hotel is very, very nice. Spotless rooms with excellent housekeeping services. The halls are quiet at night and the doors do not slam shut, unlike the Holiday Inn on 57th we had stayed at a couple of weeks earlier. The beds are very comfortable. Check in was great. Breakfast at the restaurant was wonderful. The wait staff could not be more friendly! By the second morning, they knew exactly what we wanted and saw to our every need! I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to being a guest there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for the first time in February 2013. I booked a King room, and was allocated one on the 5th. floor of the hotel. I tried to check in a couple of hours early, but as the hotel was fully booked, I had to wait a couple of hours - not a problem in this location, as there are plenty of Irish bars inside a few minutes walk.
Upon checking in, I opted to use my HHonors Gold status to get complimentary breakfasts for my stay. I was issued a voucher for each day, and this represented a daily $16.95 saving. On this subject, the breakfast service offered tea, coffee and juices, cereals, waffles, bagels, pancakes, yoghurt, fresh fruit, and a selection of hot sausages, bacon, eggs, French toast etc. There is something for everyone! I was also given a bag containing two bottles of water, and a small cereal bar.
The hotel was built in 2009, and its recency shows. The room was extremely clean, and the en suite offered a shower cubicle with a glass partition and fixed shower head. Hair-drier was in a bag behind the door. Back in the bedroom, two large mirrors also increase the spacious feel. The wardrobe had plenty of wooden hangers, and a small complimentary digital safe (a little small for a laptop). Alongside this was a microwave, coffee peculator and fridge (not mini bar). Next was a good sized writing desk and a comfy chair. A suitcase stand was also provided. The room had an A/C unit which worked well, although was a little noisy. Two bedside tables held the phone, and the alarm clock. The bed itself had 4 lovely pillows, and was of the memory foam type. I found the bed and duvet to be very comfortable. The good sized TV provided a wealth of HD channels as well as pay view offerings. The 'killer app' was the ability to load my Android (iPhone also supported) phone with an application which explained the hotel and surrounding area, and could also control your room TV!
Aside of my room, I used the business centre (4 PCs and a colour printer), but didn't make the gym which was also on site. A small bar at the front, and a 24 hour pantry shop complete the amenities.
All the staff were very polite and friendly, and I had a very enjoyable stay.
If I had to make one criticism, it would be frequent long waits for the elevator, and no floor displays as to where they were on any floor except the Lobby.

Recommended.

Room Tip: Less street noise in the higher rooms - but that's obvious when in Manhattan!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We look forward to your future visit.
Our very best regards and thank you again for a great detailed description of our property, services, amenities and product!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed four nights in Jan-Feb 2013 on a business trip. Our travel admin booked it and I wasn't expecting much except value for money, so it was a very pleasant surprise. Check-in was good, breakfast was good and the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Internet access was complimentary and fast.

The best thing about this hotel is its location. I was stunned, I thought we would be in the middle of nowehere, but Macy's was at the end of the street, and the Empire State and Times Square were literally five minutes walk. We also walked to USS Intrepid in about 15 minutes and there's a subway station one minute away. Absolutely unbelievable for a hotel at this price level.

The only negatives were:
* at busy times you might have to wait five minutes for the lift (elevator)
* one morning there was a shortage of hot water and I had to have a rather chilly shower, which certainly woke me up!

Room Tip: Rooms round the back don't have much of a view - just an alleyway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We appreciate that you noticed our outstanding service, the cleanliness of our product and our favorable location. Your comments are very much appreciated and we will most certainly address any issues to better service all of our guests in the future.
Please know that your comments will be shared with my staff.
Bizkaia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We spent just one night but was the right chioce. There was a issue with the lifts, as two were out of order, but apart from this the stay was perfect. Double twin room for 3 at a very nice Price. Service was great and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you kindly for your review.
I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Please know that we take your comments seriously and they are used to improve our amenities, services and accommodations.
Thank you again for taking the time to write to us and my very best regards,
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was in NYC for 2 days for work. I had several hours free for sightseeing also. I arrived at the hotel expecting a small rundown hotel as i did not pay much for the room and NYC hotel rooms are. Notoriously small. Instead it was modern, clean and the room was large and i even had a view of the empire state! Breakfast was fine and the staff were very helpful thanks so much i will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Our very best regards,