- they will get you a great table for dinner at short notice. very big pro.
- the views from the room.
- the great public areas of the building.
-the super friendly bell hops.
- great location and a very funky area.
- tiny tiny rooms by American standards.
- surly waiting staff in diner.
- great bar on the roof but closed to members only (or you can que and possibly get in) after 9:30.
- no tea or coffee making facilities in room.
- for a designer hotel the framing on the guest couch looks like its from Ikea. Being picky but it does tout itself as a designer hotel so detail does matter.
- for $450 a night I would expect the toilet to have something other than painted drywall.
- zero tech/ electronic connectivity in room.
Decent place but they spent all the cash for the build on the public spaces, for the price we paid I would stay elsewhere and drop by and just see the public areas that you can access without being a guest.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- The Standard New York Hotel
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Otel, Splendia, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.