My wife and I stayed at the standard in September of 2011. Within 10 minutes of arriving my wife sliced the bottom of her toe on a very sharp glazed tile at the entry to the bathroom. The bathroom floor is raised by about two inches; a very dangerous design.
My report of the injury was met initially with indifference.
We spent our first night in New York in the emergency room, where my wife received eight stitches.
Upon checking out, I again addressed my wife's injury. We were asked to provide information to their insurance company.
For the past six months we have been requesting compensation for my wife's medical bills. We have received nothing. We have been ignored and delayed. We have received redundant requests for information we have already provided.
I would encourage you to avoid is hotel as they clearly do not care about their patrons. Such a major disappointment and incredibly unprofessional. Disgusting.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- The Standard New York Hotel
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tablet Hotels, Jetsetter, Otel, Splendia, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Standard High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.