Stayed 3 nights having got a massive discount through Tablet Hotels and loved the Standard. The room was funky and very comfortable if not exactly enormous, with a great low bed and sheets and pillows to die for. Although I didn't get the Hudson side view, the Empire State Building was there in its full glory - but the visual highlight is a trippy video installation in all the lifts by Marco Brambilla. The Standard Grill, where breakfast is served, is a fantastic bistro with great food and attentive New York service - and an interesting crowd (Philip Seymour Hoffman was on the next table). The Standard straddles the High Line, an old raised train track which has been converted into a beautiful walkway with wild gardens from which you get a unique view of this part of NYC - don't miss it. The area is full of people all day and night and you'll have to be able to deal with cab horns into the wee hours of the morning, so bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper or stay in the country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Splendia, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City