The hotel is not what I expected from a 4/5 stars hotel designed by Phillipe Starck.
The superior queen room is very small, and you dont have a properly wardrobe, so you have to keep your clothes in your bag and if you have a big bag, you have a problem.
Everytime I wanted to send clothes to the laundry, I had to go to the reception because there was no one to pick them up in my room. I cant imagine how two persons can stay more than 2 days in such a small room.
The staff is very very unfriendly, almost rude!!!!!
If you want to have breakfast at their restaurant you have to stay in a LINE, even if you are a guest and you're paying almost 500 dollars/day you have no priority, the same with the boom boom room and le bain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tablet Hotels, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, HotelTravel.com, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, EasyToBook and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City