The location is great, very close to many attractions in New York city. The room it self was clean, the decor was very nice, modern, cozy, but the room was tiny. We were a group of 3 and got two double beds and the room felt extremely small, but we were ok with it since we were only there to crash for a few hours as usual. They had complementary water and the lady in the reception was nice to offer to give us directions to attractions and all that good stuff.
The TV. even though it seemed modern, it was very crappy, it took forever to turn on and the quality of image in the channels was poor as well. I don't really care about these things cause I don't really spend time in a hotel watching TV, but I thought I would mentioned it for those who care about such things.
This place is not a budget hotel by any means, it is expensive to me, but I guess if you consider how ridiculously expensive hotels are in Manhattan, then I guess is not all that expensive, but it is still expensive if you know what I mean.
- Also Known As:
- The Gem Hotel-Midtown West Hotel
- The Gem Hotel-Midtown West Hotel New York City
- The Gem Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wifi. The GEM Hotel Midtown West is ideally located in "your corner of the world." We provide boutique atmosphere and offer our guests elegantly designed rooms with luxurious amenities.We are conveniently located in Manhattan Midtown West, just two blocks away from the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Guests are within walking distance from all that Midtown Manhattan has to offer, including world-famous restaurants, night clubs, art galleries, shopping and more. The hotel is three blocks away from New York City's subway system and within close proximity to both Penn Station and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.The GEM Hotel Midtown West offers a wide array of amenities and services that add value. For no additional charge, guests can enjoy wired & wireless Internet access, premium bottled water, nightly turndown service with our signature pillow mist, and shoeshine and concierge services.All guest rooms are smoke-free and boast flat-panel LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, paraben-free bath amenities, bath robes, down pillows, plush towels and Wolfgang Puck coffee. Standard room amenities include coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards.While staying at this New York hotel, check out the GEMmine in the lobby to find what is happening in the neighborhood; sights, sounds, dining and attractions. You can also tour Manhattan with our GEMwalking tours.The GEM Hotel - Midtown West, an Ascend Collection hotel, is a sanctuary of luxury in a trendy Manhattan neighborhood. Guests will feel truly ensconced in an elegant, private and boutique atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Venere, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your The GEM Hotel Midtown West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.